Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jay1771
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

McAfee saying wifi has not security

Hi all,

So I am currently in a location where McAfee is telling me the Wifi is not secure. The Wifi in question has no password for initially clicking on it on devices but it then takes you to a portal where you need a secured username and password. Initially my android device said the wifi is secure and has strong encryption but my apple device was saying the opposite  (I am referring to the McAfee app saying the above stated for both devices). Then I reconnected my android device and it was also saying the same. Should this really be a concern? I think what my be initially triggering this message is the fact that it can see that there is not initial password

Thank you

Jay

2 Replies

Re: McAfee saying wifi has not security

Hi @Jay1771 

This is Krithika from McAfee support, I understand that you are getting error that the network is not secure. We need few information before I can assist you further.

1. Is the connection is your home Wi-Fi or public Wi-Fi?

2. From when you are getting this error?

3. Do you have a strong password setup if it is your home Wi-Fi?

If you connect to any public Wi-Fi like in the mall or in the station, McAfee will let you know that it is not a secure connection, to protect your device from hacking or virus.

Regards,

@KrithikaS 

Jay1771
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee saying wifi has not security

Hi there,

The wifi is for an accommodation I am currently in. The wifi when clicking on it to connect, takes you to a portal which requires a username and password. Only the people residing  at the accommodation are provided the password, and each person gets a password on an individual basis.

Thank you

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community