Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 4

McAfee feature removal and problems with Tracker removal

• Recently a message appears while using certain features like Schedule scan and Secure apps that this feature will be removed to make a space for a new one. I get that McAfee needs to remove certain features in order to introduce some new ones. My worry is that why it has been decided to remove Secure apps which is not only an app updater but it also protects the user from vulnerabilities. It is more likely a vulenrability scanner. Please forward this to the concerned teams and make sure that this feature is not removed as it ensures that all apps are updated and protects from app vulnerability. 

Now the second part of my request or question is that I recently noticed that Tracker Removal feature of McAfee is either loading or when it loads is unable to remove trackers or find any. Its kind of stuck and not performing its function. I hope an update will fix it soon as I saw other users also posted about this so I guess other users are also facing the same issue as well.

3 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 4

Re: McAfee feature removal and problems with Tracker removal

Hi @The_Eagle_007 

Greetings From McAfee!!

McAfee LiveSafe and Total Protection have been updated with a new, cloud-based architecture. New LiveSafe and Total Protection include a new implementation of Tracker Remover that has been redesigned to make it easier to use. However, in the initial release of new Tracker Remover, it doesn't remove all the items that were removed in the legacy versions of our security apps for Windows. Please go through below article for more information.

Missing features

Alternatively, you can reach chat support from below link

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards'

Ganesh Raju R

The_Eagle_007
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

@GaneshR there are two parts of my post one is related to feature removal and please tell me that you agree with me over the Secure apps being really important as a feature as it serves the purpose of vulnerability scanner. Also the tracker remover is not functioning over my PC as of now

Thanks for your time, highly appreciate your efforts.

oldfatguy
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

In my case, the Tracker remover is hanging on the search for Internet Explorer.  I contacted McFee by way of the chat function.  The response was that they are aware of the problem and their engineers are working on it.  They had no ETA as to when it might be fixed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community