cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCBelnap
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Total Security for Families not really for families

The advertising for Total Protection gives two options, Family and Individual. I purchased the Family edition, thinking that I would be able to link multiple accounts for my spouse and children and manage their devices using my account as the administrator. Logging into McAfee, they even invite me to send download links to others via email. What they do not state is that I have to provide my credentials so everyone in my family, spouse and kids, can log into my McAfee account to activate the subscription. If my children have my credentials, that defeats the entire purpose of McAfee Safe Family because all they need to do is access my McAfee account through my Total Protection account and disable or change Safe Family. Support's suggestion is to change my password after installing McAfee on my family's devices. Please allow linked accounts for family accounts.

1 Reply
GaneshR
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Total Security for Families not really for families

Hi @DCBelnap 

Thank you for contacting McAfee

McAfee Total Protection family subscription covers more number of devices and for individual subscription it covers single device only. With unlimited devices in the subscription you can install McAfee on all the devices and for activation purpose McAfee registered email need to be added. 

This is as per design and after activating Safe Family you need to create child account and provide required access, then install it on child device with child credentials so that you can track all the activities performed by child user on their devices.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community