Did you mean: 
JamSand
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Anti-Spam Component missing from About McAfee Total Protection

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can help. I'm running McAfee Total Protection Version 16.0  Release Name 16.0 R41

Up until yesterday, McAfee Anti-Spam was working fine and appeared in my think client install of Microsoft Outlook 2019 - however, yesterday, it has disappeared from my Outlook and also on checking McAfee, "Help" - "About",  the Anti Spam component has disappeared.

I've no idea why it has gone?

To try to resolve I completely uninstalled McAfee and reinstalled it - this did not fix the issue.

I've also run a full scan and that came back fine, without issue.

In terms of asking McAfee Technical Support - I tried.3 times yesterday to contact McAfee Technical Support via chat... without success...

For my 1st and 2nd attempt. after waiting around 20 minutes to get to a "Consultant will be with you in 1 minute" - and waiting a further 30 minutes without a Consultant joining the chat I gave up.

My 3rd attempt to chat... after around 20 minutes, I was joined by a Consultant - I've got name! But after me saying hello and 5 minutes of him offering no chat or any interaction at all - the Consultant just disconnected the chat session without any reason or typing a single word. 

Many thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Anti-Spam Component missing from About McAfee Total Protection

Jump to solution

hello,

all i know is that with version 16.0.R41 antispam feature is no longer available.

i have seen a posting done by mcafee mod with a link to service doc but can not find it currently.

anitspam is EOL of this version

greetings

View solution in original post

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello,

your welcome.

i have found the article affter doing further search in forum;

https://service.mcafee.com/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS103183

since rollout is going throttle released and isp versions may very in update time it is difficult to say when someone receives this latest build.

however it would be nice to have some sort of announcement topic where you can find such changes.

all the best.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

hello,

all i know is that with version 16.0.R41 antispam feature is no longer available.

i have seen a posting done by mcafee mod with a link to service doc but can not find it currently.

anitspam is EOL of this version

greetings

JamSand
Level 8
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @cyberdude 

Many thanks for coming back so quickly and solving the issue.

I had my suspicions this could be the case - but could not find anything from McAfee to confirm it - indeed, McAfee still say on their website; "Just say “no” to inbox-clogging junk mail by using our built-in spam filter for Microsoft® Outlook to remove junk mail before it reaches your inbox."

How hard would it be for McAfee Technical to have told me - and their other customers - this?! McAfee  should be open and clear about major changes in their product releases - by not doing this, they create failure demand.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello,

your welcome.

i have found the article affter doing further search in forum;

https://service.mcafee.com/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS103183

since rollout is going throttle released and isp versions may very in update time it is difficult to say when someone receives this latest build.

however it would be nice to have some sort of announcement topic where you can find such changes.

all the best.

JamSand
Level 8
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution
Many thanks for finding and posting the link, at least it explains McFee's thinking in ditching Anti-Spam from it Windows software - and as you say, the throttled release.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community