Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NSWS
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Alert Viewer failing on Updated App Needs Access

Greetings!

As with many others (it appears) I am having trouble with the McAfee Alert Viewer application, specifically with my McAfee Firewall. When it should be showing "updated file requests internet access" instead I get this:

2022-09-01_0602.png

This happens with every single piece of software on my computer that updates. The only resolution is to force-close the McAfee AlertViewer process by clicking on the pop-up window repeatedly until it freezes, close it manually, and then deleting and re-creating the updated application's permissions in McAfee Firewall.

I have already performed a clean installation of McAfee Total Protection.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

I do not use any other third-party AntiVirus.

I will NOT be enabling Smart Access. This is the computer I use for work.

This problem has been ongoing for quite some time. Regrettably, I have no kept track how long, but it has been many months.

Here are my McAfee software details:

McAfee Total Protection
Version: 16.0
Release Name 16.0 R48

Components
McAfee SecurityCenter
AffId: 1289
Build: 19.18.118
LAnguage: en-us
Last Update: 8/12/2022
Version 19.18

McAfee VirusScan
Build: 26.3.109
Engine creation date: 8/31/2022
Engine Version: 4908.0
Last Update: 8/31/2022
Version: 26.3

McAfee Personal Firewall
Build: 21.8.116
Last update: 8/12/2022
Version: 21.8

McAfee QuickClean and Shredder
Build: 20.8.114
Version: 20.8

McAfee Vulnerability Scanner
Build: 10.8.101
Version: 10.8

McAfee App Boost
Build: 18.28.121
Version: 18.28

McAfee VPN
Build: 18.28.128.1
Version: 18.28

Thank you for any assistance!

2 Replies
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Alert Viewer failing on Updated App Needs Access

Hi @NSWS ,

Greetings from Mcafee,

we have sent you the private message , kindly respond back to assist you further.

Regards

Nagesh G

AntZ
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Alert Viewer failing on Updated App Needs Access

I've been having the identical problems and have been solving it the same way for months. I had no idea, but my son had to shut off his firewall because it became unusable with the problem. EVERY complaint I have been reading since May is the same and McAfee refuses to fix it. These idiotic fixes DO NOTHING! Yet, the renewal alerts work perfectly! Yea, buy another year of an unusable software. I'm so glad I keep the auto-renewal turned off, but the pop up alerts keep pleading with me to turn it on. I have 6 computers with Win 8, Win 10, and Win 11, if this isn't finally resolved soon, I will start looking for a new software before my subscription runs out in Nov. McAfee must really not care if they are willing to see so many people walk away.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community