cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firedrop
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Macfee Vault (Very upsetting from McAfee)

Hi All, 

Issue:-

I have this issue which is really upsetting from Mcafee. I Have been using the Macfee Vault feature for a couple of years where out of a sudden this feature was removed. My issue is I can't access my files anymore. Hence, files in the vault are critical files.!! 

I have even tried to raise a ticket and the support basically told me to wait till the next update which should be your file via Z: as default ... first, I just can't trust that, and second, they don't have a timeline. You can't just simply tell your client ohhh wait till we release the next update after we screw up while you have a major client impact.  This is insane from McAfee!

I come from IT Change and Release Mgmt role and any kind of incident like this should be considered as an emergency release, not just a standard release where customers are impacted on a daily basis. I didn't expect McAfee to have such a bad customer experience.  

Question

I don't mind buying another software from a different vendor to retrieve my files as they are very critical files. Can you please suggest any other tool I can use to retrieve my files? I

I can wait for McAfee just to take their sweat time to sort this screw up.

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: Macfee Vault (Very upsetting from McAfee)

Two possibilities to retrieve the data are..

1. Go to a restore point prior to end February update that removed the feature. This worked for 1 user. Copy your data to a external source then restore back to current . Make sure you do a current restore point first.

2. Hopefully you use a backup program like I do such as Acronis.  Do a current backup and therefore to a mid to late February date.

Good luck hope Mcafee produces something to extract the data.

firedrop
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your response. 

Where in McAfee Total protection I can find the restore feature .. hmmm .. 

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

Windows restore feature. I assume you have not a backup. If no good best to wait Mcafee if they say they are making a fix. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community