Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWBillow
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 40

Important: your Email Address was found on the Dark Web

I received two notices of this.  When I click the link, I get to a site that won't accept my login info.  But obviously, my login info works because here I am.

Are these error reports themselves invalid or spam?

39 Replies
Allwyn_GI
Message 2 of 40

Re: Important: your Email Address was found on the Dark Web

Hi @CWBillow,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please let us know the email address from which you received the email so that we check and assist you further.

Regards,

Allwyn I

CWBillow
Level 8
Message 3 of 40

**personal information omitted**

Allwyn_GI
Message 4 of 40

Hi @CWBillow,

I have sent you a personal message. Kindly check and respond to it.

Regards,

Allwyn I

CWBillow
Level 8
Message 5 of 40

I apologize...where do I find my private messages?

CWBillow
Level 8
Message 6 of 40

**personal information omitted**

Today I found a charge on my credit card for Paramount Plus after that popup appeared.
now I've had to cancel my credit card and get the bank to issue a new one! i have never had Paramount Plus and yet a charge mysteriously appears after I entered my email on the pop up showing from McAfee WTF is going on?!!! I pay all this money to McAfee only to find sh** like this popping up on my browser spamming me!!

They aren't being emailed they are popping up on the Chrome browser! They look very legit, no spelling errors, even on this webpage it popped up on the right hand side of the window asking if I'd like McAfee to check if my email is on the Dark web.

This just happened to me this morning, message looks completely legit when it pops up when in the Chrome browser.  Do you want to check your email address (pre populated with the address linked to our McAfee account)... you click 'yes' and it quickly says there are two data breaches found - it says to click on the link to see what we found and how you can make yourself safer...  I didn't click on the link... but searched and found this thread.  McAfee - please can you let us know what's happening, and provide some reassurance?!

Andrew58
Level 7
Message 10 of 40

Exactly the same here

Popups from McAfee re clearing of cookies, etc are not uncommon, but would be good

to be informed of a new service.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community