Did you mean: 

Re: Important: your Email Address was found on the Dark Web

Here is a snip of the pop up on the screen

Allwyn_GI
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 32 of 40

Hi @thehighpriestes @ChrisHamilton

The screenshot attached by @ChrisHamilton is a McAfee popup to enroll and monitor your email in dark web using McAfee ID protection services.

Regards,

Allwyn I

I think I have worked out why this is happening, I noticed I only began receiving this pop up after installing McAfee Web Boost to my browser. I'm going to remove it because it might contain a virus that is allowing hackers to gain access. I don't trust McAfee anymore!

Imical1
Level 8
Message 34 of 40

I seem to have Web Boost, but it says that it's OFF. When I try to switch it on, it just says 'No videos stopped yet' and 'Nothing to report'. It also says that it's still OFF after this. Don't know if that's any help. The pop-ups could have started when I first tried this a few weeks ago, but I couldn't say for sure. I have had 11 data breaches according to the pop-up, so I think I'm going to put up with it, in case it goes up to 12.

Okay I turned off McAfee Web Boost and found it still happening which then made me think it's the McAfee SiteAdvisor. So I have re-installed Web Boost and deleted the Site Advisor. So far, I have not had one single pop up about the Dark Web since I removed the Site Advisor, so that's where it's coming from.

Magesh
Message 36 of 40

Hi All, 

We request you to follow the steps mentioned in the Article below and update us the outcome. 

How to fix identity breaches

Thanks,

Mor45
Level 7
Message 37 of 40

Nice link .

Takes me to the forum where you just posted.

Definitely was Site Advisor 

Ever since I deleted it, l no longer get that popup. 

@thehighpriestes 

We request you to follow the article which will help you in this regard. 

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Imical1
Level 8
Message 40 of 40

All hail the High Priestess, who is actually trying to answer the question.

Shame on the MacAfee employees for clearly not understanding the real issue and just sending us to the same old support site. We're all capable of finding that!!

Dear High Priestess: please can you confirm that the attached is what you mean? It seems to be called WebAdvisor on my version. There is a choice of things to switch off - please advise.

My worry is that turning any of this off will lose a lot of other protection as well.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community