Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveM1785
Contributor II
Message 1 of 10

How to get rid of popups?

Jump to solution

I am constantly getting popups such as the one in the attached picture and advertisements to renew (which is in due for 3+ months) that I can not get rid of without opening the McAfee main screen. the popups show only part of the message and there is no visible "X" to click on to close the message. Sometimes the popups will go away after 15-20 minutes if I do nothing, but the ads do not go away until I restart the PC. I am running Windows 10 build #21H1 which is current with Windows Update. What do I need to do to fix this problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveM1785
Contributor II
Message 6 of 10

Re: How to get rid of popups?

Jump to solution
I have cleared ALL of the check boxes and everything else I can find. I have not received any replies to this post that resolve my problem. Since McAfee can not or will not provide a solution to remove the excessive invasive interruptions, I will interrupt thier corporate and stock holder profits with my refusal to purchase another year's use of this product. If anyone else wishes to respond similarly to McAfee's poor support, they can do so by going to their account and deleting charge card information to block the auto-billing.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DaveM1785
Contributor II
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

I just had a new problem trying to view my own post - I got the error messages in the 2nd and 3rd attachments in my web browser which is Firefox build #95.02. To get back to my post after receiving the errors, I had to close and restart Firefox. Before restarting Firefox, I did clear the cache knowing that sometimes fixes problems. What is causing this and how to I fix it?

DaveM1785
Contributor II
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

This is the second Firefox error.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

hello @DaveM1785 

have you tried the following;

if you go to the main screen of mcafee, there is on the left side almost at bottemside a gear/setting option.

if you click on this it opens a next menu and click on general settings.

there is a selection for informative alerts.

click on this and disable the option if not already done so.

maybe this will reduce the alerts you are getting ?...........

greetings

Wilhelmus
Contributor II
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

i have the same problem and yes all boxes are unmarked it started proxy 2 a 3 weeks ago very very annoying ... keep getting those different pop -ups...    and do not ant to have less informative pop-ups i do not wan those pop -ups at all they do interfere when you doing stuff.. like it takes focus away from the pointer .. Please change back to the way we can dis able all those pop-ups!!!!

DaveM1785
Contributor II
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution
I have cleared ALL of the check boxes and everything else I can find. I have not received any replies to this post that resolve my problem. Since McAfee can not or will not provide a solution to remove the excessive invasive interruptions, I will interrupt thier corporate and stock holder profits with my refusal to purchase another year's use of this product. If anyone else wishes to respond similarly to McAfee's poor support, they can do so by going to their account and deleting charge card information to block the auto-billing.
Wilhelmus
Contributor II
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

good day @cyberdude

we do not want the pop ups reduced we  want  the option to turn them completely off!!!!!!

This is a annoying thing and when you look back in the data base same problem that there was with it 11 years ago!!!!!! with those informative warning pop ups just give a way to disable!

Wilhelmus
Contributor II
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

here a other

Wilhelmus
Contributor II
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

here you see all unchecked

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

thanks for yiour update.

my previous answer to deactivate informative alert was attemt to help on issue but seems not helpfull.

i have no further options to help on this issue unfortunate.

you could try new posting on issue and see if mcafee mod has response...........

greetings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community