cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAbarb
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 36

Re: How to Stop McAfee Notifications/Popups on Windows Desktop?

Jump to solution

@Tn This is the BEST description I have seen so far of these pop-ups. 

These are windows pop-ups for existing customers from the McAfee marketing department. 

I am sick and tired of this **bleep**.  I have had MacAfee for years and am also ready to go to another product. 

I agree with @Tn - this is one step away from Ransomware.  I too have turned off all of my 'informational' alerts in McAfee as well as Windows notifications for McAfee.  And yet MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY I get these annoying marketing alerts. 

Does the marketing department even use their own product?  or is this a case of self affirmation for them?

STOP THIS MCAFEE,  JUST STOP.  

tjharison
Level 7
Message 22 of 36

Jump to solution

99% of these popups come from the Web Advisor program that gets installed with McAfee.  Uninstall that and most of them will go away.  Now the main program still has some nagware but the daily popup go away.

brhuhe
Level 7
Message 23 of 36

Jump to solution

I CAN'T OPEN THE SETTINGS!?

WHAT DO I DO.

MCAFEE RUINED MY ONLINE PIANO SIGHTREADING LAST TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP ME RIGHT NOW

Jump to solution

Sorry are you talking about the browser settings they should not be affected by McAfee or anything. I checked my Firefox on my win10 and it opened fine. 

I am only a user here like you helping out where I can so please understand I am only going on what I see here. I mentioned browser settings as you can disable some Mcafee notifications there. 

Ok see you were referring to the profile setting I posted a while back..

VAbarb
Level 8
Message 25 of 36

Jump to solution

These are windows notifications not browser popups or alerts.  Definitely initiated from McAfee marketing department.  Most are marketing centric from McAfee.  (and they are not adverts to buy or renew product - like bloatware loaded onto new PC's)

They are annoying and the alert options in the product does not control these.  I have all alerts off in my product.  Here is one example of this type of notification that shows in lower right corner. Sometimes it's just a brag ad about how many hacker threats there were. 

Jump to solution

I'm getting it too. Different Mcafee popups on a daily basis.

Support wont acknowledge its a problem. I left 15 years of Norton service because of excessive product popups.

The insane part is I've only had Mcafee for ~2 months. So this marketing plan is to **bleep**ing annoy me for 10 months, and that will keep my business.

New Bitmap Image.jpg

drhill75
Level 7
Message 27 of 36

Jump to solution

Getting the SAME thing with McAfee Total Protection and I paid through September. I can't get these popups to stop and they are frequent. 

ChaosGiga
Level 8
Message 28 of 36

Jump to solution

I have all of these turned off/unchecked and still get the popups. McAfee just wants to advertise and doesn't care how it effects our work or daily lives apparently

ChaosGiga
Level 8
Message 29 of 36

Jump to solution

I have stopped my autorenewal for McAfee due to this as well, and seeing as even the moderators cannot come up with a solution to these marketing popups on their paid for product. Maybe the loss of a large wave of customers they have had for years will make them understand how to find a solution to the problem. Doubtful, but at any rate good luck to McAfee and their marketing team for this annoying decision to push paying customers out the door.

Jump to solution

I was really hoping there would be a solution other than uninstalling and trying to get a refund! definitely not going to renew! I will cut my losses if I have to, and install another service! It is especially frustrating on a home theater PC, due to having to fumble around in the dark for the wireless kb/trackpad to dismiss it!!

McAfee please do something about this! We've already PAID for the software, please quit pestering us. Yes, please notify us if an actual threat is found, but please allow us to turn off these notifications if we wish.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community