cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nimarus
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 40

Re: How to Stop McAfee Notifications/Popups on Windows Desktop?

Jump to solution

I'm trying the "Uninstall WebAdvisor" option to see if that helps. Funny how McAfee will spam me on a daily basis for 3 months to remind me that my subscription is expiring soon, but won't say a word when autorenewal is going to hit me with a $99 subscription fee. Shows where McAfee's priorities sit.

penangkid
Level 7
Message 32 of 40

Jump to solution

the pop-ups are really annoying.

it pop-ups during my game session, and i am un-able to play my game. my game was interupted.

i still have 400plus days.

i will stop subscription and delete this annoying mcafee for good.

Venkat_YM
Message 33 of 40

Jump to solution

Hi @penangkid 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please perform the below steps and check how it goes.

1.Please turn off the information alerts from settings>>General settings>>Information alerts. let us know if you require any further help on this.

2.Try setting your display to 100%. That or rather setting to 125% truncates popups.

For immediate assistance kindly contact our chat support or call (866-622-3911 )

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Venkat

ChaosGiga
Level 8
Message 34 of 40

Jump to solution

None of these settings shared by anyone on here have helped with this issue ever over the course of my last year with McAfee. I have literally turned everything off in notifications which you can see in a picture below. Literally no less than thirty minutes after doing this a popup appeared. Get your marketing team to turn this crap off and stop harassing your customers for paying too much just to be harassed and bombarded daily by these. October cannot come fast enough for me as that is when McAfee will be completely uninstalled forever by me because of this. Might as well ride out the apop-upcalypse to get my moneys worth because I really don't see you guys giving a full refund for the seven years I have been a paying customer, just for these last two years of this nightmare. Good luck keeping customers and once many of them leave and report this to BBB I am sure you still won't care.Pop-up after settings changePop-up after settings changeSettings Before Pop-upSettings Before Pop-up

Annolago
Level 7
Message 35 of 40

Jump to solution

Hi

Nope - I still get annoying pop-ups all the time. 
Funny thing is that on another system running Windows 10 I can se that LiveSafe is posting messages and remove the ability to create these pop-ups from Windows.

However on my main system I am running Windows 11 - and there I Windows for some funny reason cannot see that you are creating pop-ups. So if Windows cannot see them you cannot turn them off. 

In any case under both Windows 10 & 11 going into McAfee settings and removing pop-ups removes the wrong ones - so as an example you will no longer be prompted to scan an external drive, but you still continue to spam me with all that marketing crap.

So either find a way to block this or there will be one less customer going forward!!!

gixon
Level 7
Message 36 of 40

Jump to solution

Same issue. seriously so irritating.

SalamF
Level 7
Message 37 of 40

Jump to solution

Dear Vankat, you did not discover powder in your comment, and you obviously did not even read the previous pages to learn that people have already tried what you are recommending. The bottom line is that the settings you are talking about don't work, and since this problem has been ongoing for a long time, we can safely assume that it's done intentionally by McAfee in line with most American software like Windows, Edge, Apple iOS, Office365, etc., where US companies are simply harassing their subscribers on all fronts with stupid behaviors of software.

The only solution is to abandon software that is overtaking our workspace and turning it into an advertising board that we pay for dearly from our own pockets. I will be cancelling my own subscription with McAfee by the end of the year, and I intend to do the same with other software as soon as there is a viable replacement. Best Regards,

ChaosGiga
Level 8
Message 38 of 40

Jump to solution

I actually unsubscribed and purchased the retail version which covers three devices and just skipped out on auto renewal. Now, I have no more annoying pop-ups plus it was half the price they charge for subscription. Win win in my opinion, just get off their subscription based service.

Butchboy
Level 7
Message 39 of 40

Jump to solution

I have the retail version and no matter what I do, I get pop ups though I have the "Informational Alerts" boxes unchecked,.  The most annoying is the "Scan Complete" popup.  The popups actually kick me out of some games. 

I will try another product once my subscription ends.

GreenMnt
Level 7
Message 40 of 40

Jump to solution

Not all of us are going to rely on Windows security, or Verizon, or another service.  Cumulatively, all of them fill our screens with garbage.   This forum is a dump where our complaints accumulate, and they ignore us.  So, call and tell them, don't ask, "stop sending us intrusive pop ups."  Don't accept "Blah Blah Blah."  Tell them again, and again.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community