cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LesBudden
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

How do I check if an Activation Key is still valid?

I typically purchase McAfee at Staples or some other retail outlet on sale.   When I activate a key I usual write the activation and expiry date on the card that had the key on it. 

I recently found an opened retail box on the shelf over my computer.  There is nothing written on the card containing the key.   I don't recall purchasing an extra activation code and I usually do not even open the box until i go to use the key.   As a result, I have no idea if this key is used or not.

It used to be I could go into purchase history and it showed the activation keys of all the old versions I activated, but no longer.

Is there some way of checking if this key is still unused? other than trying to install it I mean?

1 Reply
krishna55
Message 2 of 2

Re: How do I check if an Activation Key is still valid?

Hi @LesBudden,

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the refund.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community