Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wms
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Get rid of toast notifications?

is there *ANY* way to stop the annoying marketing toast pop-up notifications from the tray? I turned off all notifications in the settings because i don't want ANY notifications, including annoying little marketing nonsense.

if i can't get rid of these, i'm off to a new product....

2 Replies
Allwyn_GI
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Get rid of toast notifications?

Hi @wms,

We regret for the inconvenience caused!

These pop ups are information alerts we have a option to disable these alerts open McAfee UI click on settings>> General Settings and information alerts>> Information Alerts>> make sure the check box is unchecked and click on apply. This should disable the alerts.

Regards,
Allwyn I
InfoBro
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Get rid of toast notifications?

Hi McAfee,

Either this suggested action only takes effect after a reboot/restart or it is wholly an ineffective method.  I have performed this change and still receive toaster pops for adding additional computers for protection. 

I understand and appreciate this valuable feature of the McAfee product, however, I respectfully also would like to reserve my screen real estate for messages relevant to my work and that is not one of them. 

Is there a more effective method or detail regarding disabling the toaster pop-ups?

Thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community