cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder exclusion to increase access performance when programming.

Good afternoon

I request your support to exclude the following folders from the Antivirus "McAfee Total Protection", because they harm me and slow / delay the compilation and debugging of my code, when I programming.

Login to Home, PC, "Real-time analysis", and there is only the option to "Add file",

(In my versión Spanish is: "Inicio", "PC",  "Análisis en tiempo real") one by one ... it is very limiting and unproductive, I have more than 1000 files and I need to please enable the option or indicate the procedure to add the folder path.

Since I am forced to deactivate the antivirus to be able to work faster, every time I program. I have this problem mainly with Visual Studio (in Path Libray and * .pdb) and in Android Studio in:

Caché of Gradle
%USERPROFILE%\.gradle

Proyects of Android Studio
%USERPROFILE%\AndroidStudioProjects

SDK of Android
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Android\SDK

Files System of Android Studio
%USERPROFILE%\.AndroidStudio4.2.0\system

Atte. Fernando LR

1 Reply
Magesh
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Folder exclusion to increase access performance when programming.

Hi @FERNANDOLR 

We are sorry for the inconvenience as there is no possible way to exclude a folder but we can add the .exe and its related files to real time scan exceptions. 

Please access the below article that has  information on this.

How to exclude files from virus scans on Windows or macOS 

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community