Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex495
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Firewall - Alert viewer not responding

Hi,
If I turn on the firewall, then instead of information about the connection, for example Chrome, a window appears:

tmp.JPG

I have completely reinstalled your program. It works fine for a while, but then the problem reappears.
What should I do ?

3 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 4

Re: Firewall - Alert viewer not responding

Hi @Alex495 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee is currently investigating the cause. In the mean time we recommend you to follow the below steps and update us the outcome.

• Open McAfee
  • Click My protection (4-Sqare box)
  • click on firewall
  • open Traffic controller
  • Select Smart access (Recommended)
  • Click Apply
  • Reboot the PC

If you have any concerns, feel free to reply to the post or contact our support team using the link below.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Edward Franso 

endorphin
Contributor II
Message 3 of 4

We have the same problem for over 3 months now. We have uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee and the problem persists on all Desktops and laptops. We don't want the Smart Access setting in firewall but need the Monitored Access. 

How come McAfee can't come up with a solution for this irritating problem? Our Subscription ends 12/28/2022 and are seriously considering switching over to another Security Suites software. Why does McAfee not take the problem seriously?

macafeetroubles
Contributor III
Message 4 of 4

Sometimes things like this happen, you lose some money but just move on. Maybe to Norton or Bit defender.

Suck it up!

if you need a good Fire wall Use Norton - I didn't want too. but I gave in and got a credit card and signed up for Norton, If you need to control software access with out command lines, it will work for you.

If you live near a big city you can go to a big box store, Best Buy or even Office Depot and buy them on sale (hopefully)

Ask yourself is all this trouble worth the $80 dollars you spent on mcafee - the answer is it it ain't.

Spend another 80 and it should work - and if it doesn't you can switch back and forth between them (on different hard drives)

OH! - don't think mcafee will give you a refund! Hahahahahahahah.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community