cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Lock Replacement

I currently use File Lock program to create vaults to keep confidential information on my PC locked away from another person who shares my PC sometimes.  I understand that McAfee is removing File Lock from Total Protection in February 2022.  I am looking for the best alternative to File Lock that is either FREE or of little cost since I thought the annual cost of McAfee would include File Lock.  I do not require government grade security, but looking for a good product that is either Free or a one time low purchase price.  Hopefully someone has recommendations or has been down this road and has recommendations.  Thanks.

4 Replies
Rajiv_s1
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: File Lock Replacement

Hello @LongTimeUser721 ,

We deeply regret for this situation, as of now we are yet to receive an update or recommendation on this. We will continue to look into this and get back to you once we have an proper update or recommendation.

Regards,
Rajiv S

But your argument to remove these package was : there are many other solutions available.

Please send us only one of these solution to migrate before these functionality is history

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

hello,

maybe the following could be of interest and answer to your question;

steganos company has a solution called Safe.

if you visit www.steganos.com you will probably see on the fronpage solutions they have. also on the top right side you can click different languages aswell.

on pcmag i found a review.. it is from november 2020;

Steganos Safe Review | PCMag

if you live perhaps in Germany websites of pcwelt.de or computerbild.de are inpirations for you perhaps aswell.

hope this helps ?

greetings

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

in addition i would like to add that if you use windows 10 onedrive you can set up personal vault in there aswell. this provides an extra layer of security to store sensitive files.

support ms article about this feature;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/protect-your-onedrive-files-in-personal-vault-6540ef37-e9...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community