Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dajiang
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

False Positive

Hello

I ran a full scan earlier in the week and a file in a folder (Ricoh) in my Downloads area was put into quarantine.

Now I believe this file was downloaded by me in 2016, which is the date on the associated folder.

The file in question is "Ricoh Memory Stick Disk Device.exe"

The date stamp on the file after restoring it from quarantine is 14/04/2021, the date I restore it from quarantine.

This file has never been quarantined as suspicious in the past only after I updated McAfee Total Protection:

McAfee Total Protection Version 16 Release Name 16.0 R30.

The last update seems have updated the following:

McAfee Virus Scan Build 24.1.216

Engine creation date 09/04/2021

Engine version 4401.0

Last Update 10/04.2021

Version 24.1

Since this file is in a folder in my downloads area in a folder (Ricoh) dated 2016 I am very unsure that this in truly a real problem and could be a false positive.

How can I get this file sent to McAfee to confirm or not.

At the moment I can't do much with it with McAfee running because it gets quarantined again.

Thanks

1 Reply
Allwyn_GI
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: False Positive

Hi @dajiang,

Sorry for the inconvenience and late reply. Please follow the below article to exclude the particular file and check if the issue persisting.

How to exclude the files while scanning  

If you are still facing the issue, please follow the below article to submit false positives to McAfee.

Submit false positives to McAfee

Regards,

Allwyn I

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community