Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TArnold1
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 25

Re: Excel files will not open because live scan does not complete

Interesting.   I will try the same later today and advise status.

RoyJ
Level 7
Message 22 of 25

ok..note i am downloading using edge. Previously download would not complete even though file size was showing complete size...3k of 3k etc.  Closing edge made edge popup with an alert saying file downloading / are you sure.  File did appear in download folder but i found if you tried to open it...it would after a delay..but then would hang/whole PC would become unstable and excel process had to close to recover.  I had problem in august that resolved on laptop after I flattened/rebuilt it...and pc recovered before end of month.  Suspect fault was fixed and flattening laptop was a co-incidence.  At the time I had same issue with chrome as well as edge.  Just tried Chrome and also appears ok.

drwongjl
Level 8
Message 23 of 25

i decided to remove mcafee total protection and go for norton 360

will never subscribe mcafee service anymore

lousy product

TArnold1
Level 7
Message 24 of 25

Uninstalling and re-installing resolved the issue on the laptop that had displayed the problem (ref. my post yesterday).  The latest updates seem to have resolved the issue (for me, at least) .

Hi @drwongjl 

We regret the inconvenience.

Our engineering team is still investigating and working as fast as to provide resolution to fix the issue. We will keep you posted as we receive the updates on the same.

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community