Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drwongjl
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 25

Re: Excel files will not open because live scan does not complete

I have the same issue, mcafee getting worst, i never experience this on symactec, frustrated now

Supposedly virusscan 24.7.157 stop excel not loading

p8er
Level 9
Message 13 of 25

Nope, it's still doing the endless 'virus scan' and giving me the OLE message, while I'm trying to open an Excel file...

I'm using Office 2013.

TArnold1
Level 7
Message 14 of 25

Update on symptoms - cross posting due to multiple threads on this issue.

Running MS Office Professional Plus 2013 on two Windows 10 laptops.  Both running Windows 10 Home ver 10.0.19043 (i.e. Build 19043).

Both laptops running Total Protection 16.0 R37.  Both have received updates on Sept 6 and Sept 7, including SecurityCentre 19.7.126 (updated Sept 6) and VirusScan 25.0.134 (updated Sept 7).

• One laptop permits me to open a local networked Word document in Word without issue.  The other laptop fails to open the file and just hangs while trying to open it.
  • The first laptop noted can open a locally networked Excel workbook without issue.  The other laptop experiences the OLE issue documented in this thread.

Turning Real-Time Scanning  Off permits me to open the two files without incident on the problematic laptop.

I am willing to uninstall Total Protection and re-install it to determine if that resolves the issue (perhaps the updates correct the problem but were not installed properly on this laptop), but will wait a day or two in case anyone has alternate ideas for me to try that might be helpful to move the solution forward without doing that.

Miko1
Level 8
Message 15 of 25

I noted this problem over 3 weeks ago. No response from McAFee since then. No updates or even if they are trying to find a solution. No reverting to an old version so we can continue. This is the worst response I have seen from any software house. I have had to remove McAfee on several PCs and am now thinking of looking for a new solution for all my customers. What a shame.

@Sudharsanam_G1 

Here as well comments are needed

@Miko1 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have received an update from engineering team to follow the below steps and requesting you to update us the outcome.

• Reboot the computer
  • Update McAfee from the M icon on the system tray >> check for updates
  • If issue still persist, kindly remove and reinstall McAfee

Regards
Siva N

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
RoyJ
Level 7
Message 18 of 25

updated to latest version...reboot...still same problem. Will try re-install but not convinced it will make much difference....update to follow.

drwongjl
Level 8
Message 19 of 25

I tried uninstalled and reinstalled, also not working

My version

McAfee Total Protection v16.0 Release 16.0 R37
McAfee Security Center 19.7.123
McAfee VirusScan 25.0.134 Engine 4552 v25.0
McAfee Personal Firewall 20.7.121 v20.7
McAfee Anti-Spam 20.7.119 content v 6956 Engine 3.0.0.450 v20.7
McAfee QuickClean and Shredder 19.7.132 v19.7
McAfee Vulnerability Scanner 9.7.106 v9.7
McAfee App Boost 18.17.119 v18.17
McAfee VPN 18.17.121 v18.17

RoyJ
Level 7
Message 20 of 25

ok...did update, reboot...no change.  However uninstall / reboot / reinstall does appear to have worked :)

Version 16.0

Release 16.0.R37

Build 19.7.126

Last update today.

Version 19.7

Virusscan is build 25.0.134  Engine version 4552   Version 25.0

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community