cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlindos
Contributor II
Message 1 of 16

Alert viewer not responding

I recently (13 May 2022) updated Windows 10 with the latest updates and immediately after that I've started experiencing problems with the alert viewer. The viewer appears but as a white block without any content in it, I can move the block and dismiss it but I can't click on anything in it. if I leave the block on the screen it hangs and shows that the application is not responding. I have replicated this behavior twice now and I can't figure out how else to manage the alert messages to allow or deny apps from connecting to the internet.

I've set my firewall to let me decide whenever an application needs to connect to the internet and with the alert viewer hanging I can't perform this task. Is there any other place I can manage this task without changing my setting in the firewall.

I've tried updating Mcafee and reinstalling Mcafee but it does not help. also tried updating Java but that didn't help either.

15 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 16

Re: Alert viewer not responding

Hi @Mlindos 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Please let us know the following to assist you better

1. Operating system details
  2. McAfee version details
  3. Screen shots

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

KO123
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

I have exactly the same problem after the windows update. There is a task Mcafee ChromiumContaineredelegate.exe  that gets triggered and it chews up 100% of my CPU and bout 5mb of disk then hangs.

The only way round it for now is to disable the Firewall for 15mins to enable the required executable to run.

Gethian
Contributor
Message 4 of 16

I'm having the same problem, it happened after that latest window update. Chromium container delegate or whatever eats my cpu and memory. While the alert viewer only shows a white box and after a while shows code text. Can't add the file because the image file is to big. But says - @charset "UTF-8";[ng\cloak],[ng-cloak],[data-ng-cloak],[x-ng-cloak], ng-cloak,. x-ng-cloak,. ng-hide:not(ng-hide-animate){display:none !important;} ng\:form{display:block;} .ng-animate-shim{visibility:hidden;} .ng-anchor{position:absolute} alertviewer-app

Drabes
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Not OP, but same issue here. 

1. McAfee Alert Viewer issue 2.jpgMcAfee Alert Viewer issue 3.jpgMcAfee Alert Viewer issue.jpg
dannymccaff
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

I am having the exact same message in the screenshot. 
it is blocking sites because I can't click allow.

Mlindos
Contributor II
Message 7 of 16

Operating System = Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 BIT, Version 21H2, OS Build 19044.1706, feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Mcafee = Total Protection, Version 16.0, Release Name 16.0 R46

screenprint attached = pic 1.png

Mlindos
Contributor II
Message 8 of 16

In addition then the Mcafee "Chromium Container Delegate" task/service takes up all the system resources CPU, Memory and Disk for a while +/- 1 hour then it releases it but the alert viewer still does not work.pic 3.png

sjlane60
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

I'm not going to add to the bandwidth except for saying this too has happened to me after a recent Win10 upgrade all of the screen shots show exactly the same screens that are happening to me & an upto date current subscription of Total Protection  - please fix this as soon as possible - turning of my firewall is not an option

CDNS
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Exact same problem after latest windows 10 update.  Same blank white text box at first, after a bit with the same text in the white box.  I tried resetting the Alert settings to see if saving the changes would revert the alert viewer back to normal operation, but it does not, nor does restarting Windows ... So yes, please fix this ASAP.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community