cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
endorphin
Contributor II
Message 21 of 45

Re: Alert viewer not responding and Chromium Container Delegate causing 100% usage

Jump to solution

We have the same problem for over 3 months now. We have uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee and the problem persists on all Desktops and laptops. We don't want the Smart Access setting in firewall but need the Monitored Access. 

How come McAfee can't come up with a solution for this irritating problem? Our Subscription ends 12/28/2022 and are seriously considering switching over to another Security Suites software. Why does it have to take so long to come up with a solution McAfee?

macafeetroubles
Contributor III
Message 22 of 45

Re: Alert viewer not responding and Chromium Container Delegate causing 100% usage

Jump to solution

There is no solution for this?

Your own your own.

I spent over an hour and a half with mcafee chat support and got nothing, but platitudes.

I was pushed from one tech level to another and the first people were even unaware of alert viewer or chromium container.

If you go to a doctor and you tell them your having trouble with your toes and they ask what are toes - you really have a problem. - (Oh so we all know! This is nonsense)

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 23 of 45

Jump to solution

hello,

which version number do you have currently installed  ?

Maverik
Contributor II
Message 24 of 45

Jump to solution

After my joy of fixing this with a reinstall, the same problem is back. I'll have to reinstall again, and no doubt again and again.

McAfee - when are you going to fix this? It is really poor show to have these kinds of flaws and will just push people to renew with another provider.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 25 of 45

Jump to solution
Zolee
Contributor II
Message 26 of 45

Jump to solution

Nothing has happened for months. The support promised to fix the error in the R48 version. We are currently on the R49 version, the error still exists.

An important function of the program is unusable, time to switch to another software.

Jasonbhug
Contributor II
Message 27 of 45

Jump to solution

Well I am glad i finally decided to look up this issue ive been having for months now. The solutions dont work and i am not changing from stealth. I keep restarting as a temp fix. But at least i found this before i decided to purchase a new years subscription. 

version 16.0 r49

Zolee
Contributor II
Message 28 of 45

Jump to solution
The bugs have not been fixed for months. I can't trust a software that has bugs like this.
I switched to another software.
Bye McAfee.
Maverik
Contributor II
Message 29 of 45

Jump to solution

Cyberdude try reading the posts and you will see this issue is version agnostic. 

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 30 of 45

Jump to solution

hello @Maverik 

i have read  you posting. it was told by mods that with version R48 it should be fixed but obvious it is not it seems.

i have sent a mcafee mod a pm to let know about your postings and hope there comes a response to assist you further with this.

unfortunate that is all i can do since i am not from mcafee myself but understand the frustration on your end.

greetings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community