cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beashootingstar
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

About McAfee Total Protection: Keep getting errors when I'm on the internet

This is so extremely frustrating. I have had this product on this laptop for 2 years, ZERO issues. The past two weeks however not so much. The first error I kept getting was proxy server failed no connection to the internet, could not get on to any websites whatsoever. I took it to a computer repair shop and the guy said something about the firewall McAfee uses that sometimes will think any site is a "threat" and prevent me from accessing the internet. So he fixed it and I was able to get on again, yeay right? No, the next week it started giving me the same errors and again I went to the computer repair shop but dealt with a different guy who did not know as much or seem as confident but he fixed it. Well a few days later errors started once again but now one I had never seen before and it had nothing to do with the proxy server. It was Error 1020 access denied. And now I just have issues with connecting to certain websites where it says access failed but not due to the proxy server and it is very very frustrating. I am a full-time college student and have gotten so behind because of this. Can anyone, out there help me? I have started a service support ticket but it is ridiculously difficult to get a hold of a REAL person. Should I just uninstall Total Protection then reinstall it?Various ErrorVarious Error I have included some of the error messages that I have gotten. I no longer get the proxy server error message, but others like these. Thank you.
Various ErrorVarious ErrorVarious ErrorVarious Error

2 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 3

Re: About McAfee Total Protection: Keep getting errors when I'm on the internet

Hi @beashootingstar 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. There might be some issue with proxy setup. Please reinstall McAfee and check for the issue status. 

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: About McAfee Total Protection: Keep getting errors when I'm on the internet

Or switch to another browser.   Also make sure everything is up to date and your system clock is accurate, if not synchronize it.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community