cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ro_203
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

t Mcafee internet security 2011, I've got an issue while i was installing it in windows 7 home premium 64bits

As i said in the topic i've just bought a copy of mcafee internet security 2011 and while i was installing it in my windows it just crash... The crash was when the program was trying to connect with internet  to download whatever it has to ... it appears on my desktop an announcement from windows telling me the following message:  Mcafee integrated security platform installer has stopped working.

My tech info is the following:

Windows 7 home premium Sp1 64bits

Intel core i5 2.53Ghz

6gb ram

Can anyone please give me a hand and tell me why the program is failing?

Thanks,

6 Replies

Re: t Mcafee internet security 2011, I've got an issue while i was installing it in windows 7 home premium 64bits

HI ,

Please follow this Trouble shooting steps to fix the issue

• In Windows Vista (or) Windows 7, you need to open an elevated Command Prompt window.
      • To do so, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
      • Type the command net stop winmgmt and press Enter
      • Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder C:\Windows\System32\Wbem.
      • Rename the folder Repository [For example, Repository_bad]
      • Switch to Command Prompt window, and type the command net start winmgmt and press ENTER
      • Type EXIT and press ENTER
      • Reboot the computer
      • Reinstall the McAfee products

on 3/9/11 1:31:37 PM CST

t Mcafee internet security 2011, I've got an issue while i was installing it in windows 7 home premium 64bits

NO IT DOES NOT WORKS!

I renewed my McAfee subscription (bundled with my Lenovo PC purchase) yesterday. In fact I paid more and upgraded from Antivirus Plus to Internet Security Suite. I had the same installation problem with the 'DMSetup' file which I found common with McAfee (too bad it was too late to find out!).

I did tried to contact McAfee with the virtual technical (SR #650777315). Followed his instruction to uninstall the existing security software etc but the same Windows message "the Integrated Security Platform has stopped working" still pops out! Worst thing is now I can't even get on to the virtual technician anymore as I've uninstalled the current McAfee Antivirus Plus.

I am utterly disappointed with the product and customer service. I hope I can find some help here. I am giving myself another 1 or 2 days if it is still not working think I'm gonna ask for refund and will never return to McAfee as a customer ever again!

ro_203
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Actually i can't give permissions to the cmd.exe to run as an administrator... i can't rename or delete the folder u named on your post  since my computer is saying me its on use at the moment, any other advice?

Thanks,

The problem is still the same

Dinz
Level 16
Message 5 of 7

Re: t Mcafee internet security 2011, I've got an issue while i was installing it in windows 7 home premium 64bits

Click on Start > click on Start search

Type : cmd – From the selections above,  right click on cmd and select Run as administrator

And you should be able to open command prompt as administrator

And please follow the steps from the above post#2

For vista/7, open an elevated command prompt and run:

net stop winmgmt

winmgmt /resetrepository

net start winmgmt

Dinz
Level 16
Message 7 of 7

Hi there,

You are posting on a year old thread.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community