Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goboman44
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

customer services telephone number for england

unable to install mcafee on pc tells me to contact customer services but unable to find out number and want to resolve problem asap.please help

9 Replies

Re: customer services telephone number for england

Under McAfee Support at the top of the page you will find..

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call 020 79490107. You may be asked for your registered email address and order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes
Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 01/01/10 8:02:34 EST PM
TJB
Level 9
Message 3 of 10

Do McAfee really consider that 10-30 minutes wait time is acceptable customer service?  I regard it as appalling.  I was a customer of Dr Solomons before they were acquired by McAfee many years ago.  They provided excellent customer service.  The same cannot be said of McAfee, where there appears to be one standard for North America and a far lower one for anywhere else. Firewalls are placed between customers and supplier and the culture of the customer service representatives is not aligned with that of the customers.  I have spent a day attempting to resolve what I am convinced is a customer service issue being bounced between customer service and technical support.  No-one will take ownership and resolve the problem.

Moliz
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

I just joined the Community as I have trouble knowing how to get an answer too. I rang and waited 32 mins and the person answering wasn't dealing with Vista so all a waste of time. Then I tried again and finished up signing to iYogi for 12 months help after not looking carefuly at website owner. I have had 3 hours of talk with them and they have got no where with my problem which I think is the firewall not letting my computer reconnect after sleep/rest mode. CAN YOU TELL ME IF YOU EVER FOUND SATISFACTORY WAY TO CONTACT HELP

You say "the person wasn't dealing with Vista'...makes me wonder why you were calling Customer Service who only deal with questions regarding subscriptions, accounts etc.

You probably needed to use the Technical Support online chat which is available separately via Useful Links above or right click your taskbar icon and get help.

The two departments are totally separate.

TJB, long wait times are not unusual here also, believe me.    It's the world we live in - too many people wanting too many things done yesterday as cheaply as possible which means fewer support staff to keep costs down.

Again make sure it's account related for Customer Service, otherwise your best bet if Technical Support Chat online.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/09/10 7:30:45 EDT AM
Moliz
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for your reply. I have got some useful information in my searching but when I went to Chat 3 times my internet went off and then restarted??

I will wait til tonight when iYogi are tel. again and give them all the info I picked up and see if they can go any further. My original problem is that when my computer goes into sleep mode/rest it wont reconnect to the computer without me getting Dianose Connection Problems, Reset Network Adapter "local area connections" Repairing. Works everytime but I think a Firewall is stopping the reconnection. There are no viruses or anything anywhere showing up to be a problem.

Then you want Technical Support Chat for that.   Regardless of whatever browser is your default, make sure Intenret Explorer is the latest version and that it is set to its defaults.  Abnormal settings including the Content Advisor being turned on can cause issues with chat.

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Moliz,

Having checked out iYogi's purported 'McAfee Support' team, I learned they, at the time of this message, know very little about McAfee product, and in fact redirected my 'secret shopper' calls back to the real McAfee Support for handling.  If you only contracted with them for help on McAfee product, I'd recommend you request a refund and come back to us.

Message was edited by: tromine on 9/14/10 8:43:40 AM CDT
Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
Moliz
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

I am very much an amateur on computers. I knew my problem started mid July when I started with McAfee. Tonight iYogi regarded this and uninstalled McAfee. If I had had the confidence and knowledge I seem to have picked up along the way I could have sorted my problem I think. They have spent about 7 hours doing "stuff" Now I hope my problem is solved. I do not have McAfee on so perhaps it is McAfee who should offer the refund.

It was probably Mac computers the McAfee chap dealt with when I got thru after 32 mins. Couldn't help with Vista. I did fill in the customer satisfaction email but they didn't get back to me to tell me where it/I had gone wrong getting thru. Also today when I went to live chat and clicked Chat I got a blank page headed Interenet explorer powered by Sky. Nothing else. I waited 2 mins. nothing happened and then the internet stopped working then started again but of course I lost the Chat. Perhaps ease of contact should be something you could look at.

tromine
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

The 'chat' issues you describe are something we will definitely look into.  As to iYogi removing McAfee...I'm sure they recommended either a freebie anti-virus, or else something from one of their Partners.  Hope to see you come back!

Product Manager, McAfee Consumer Software
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community