Did you mean: 
dark
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 19

Re: The version of McAfee 2013

Jump to solution

Hello...I am back...

According to my last several times installs, I find out that ...when the distinguishability is 1024*768 , I will get 12.1.

And when the distinguishability is 800*600 or 1436*735(a strange number...), I will get 11.6.

Is it the truth?

Jump to solution

Possible as 12.1 requires a minimum of 1024*768 resolution and at that will fill the screen I think. That is something we never tried I have been wanting to reinstall 11.6 to test some issues so will ask the powers that be and try this.

re the 1436*735 no such resolution that I know none of my monitors show that nor does wikipedia show it. Why did you try that?

on 19/02/13 5:44:33 EST AM
dark
Level 7
Message 13 of 19

Jump to solution

Why 1436*735 ...It's only a coincidence...

I download the product in a VMware OS, and selected "Autosize -> Autofit guest" , then maximize the VMware window.

As the result , the OS distinguishability becomes such a strange number.

Finally,

Whether the monitor resolution will affect the product version?And how it works when in a strange resolution?

I aspire to an accurate answer...(It's really important to me)

Thanks!!!

Jump to solution

The Tier 3 tech I asked said probably would happen as 1024*768 is the minimum required resolution.

In other words yes he thinks it will happen ie you get 11.6.

Notice I said thinks so really he is surprised as well. The other resolution is not standard and as 12.1 seems to check resolutions it probably decided to default to 11.6. I will try this myself tonight and post the results.

dark
Level 7
Message 15 of 19

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for everybody's support.

Jump to solution

OK sorry did not test it too busy working here on my daughters new house. The 11.6 and low resolution seems a correct answer.

Jump to solution

I've tracked down this thread in an attempt to understand why my Notebook PC (1024 x600 display), running Windows XP SP3 along with my desktop and laptop PCs, might be stuck on 11.6 while they have updated to 12.1 for McAfee Security Centre.  The three PCs share a McAfee 3-user licence.

Indeed, checking between them, I see it is not just Security Centre:

Item                                                     Notebook                Desktop and Laptop

McAfee SecurityCentre                          11.6                     12.1

McAfee Virus Scan                                 15.6                     x

McAfee Personal Firewall                     12.6                    13.1

McAfee SiteAdvisor                                   3.6                      3.6

McAfee Anti-Spam                                  12.6                    13.1

McAfee Parental Controls                     13.6                    14.1

McAfee Online Backup                             3.0                      3.0

McAfee Quick Clean and Shredder     11.6                    12.1

McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware       x                      16.1

Are all of the differences purely cosmetic, or are there functional differences that my Notebook is falling behind with?

I would have welcomed an alert or email from McAfee explaining why my Notebook is not getting updated, rather than an experimental trawl through the internet after some hours of wasted time.  I've already tried several times to get it to update, and I'm soooo used to having to uninstall/reinstall McAfee to work around problems, that this is just another example of how they colud score so much higher on Customer Service with just a little thought and effort.  Still, only three months to run to renewal, so there is time for them to change.

Andy

Message was edited by: hud_engineer on 08/04/13 05:55:45 CDT
dark
Level 7
Message 18 of 19

Jump to solution

According to my "experiment"...

Because your display(1024 x600) is lower than the requirement(1024*768) ...... 600 <  768

But I can't find the requirement now...(It used to be there...)

http://home.mcafee.com/store/antivirus-plus   ->  System Requirements

Try to adjust your display(1024+ x 768+) , then update , perhaps you can get the newest version.

Good luck~

消息编辑者为:dark on 13-4-8 上午08时32分51秒

消息编辑者为:dark on 13-4-8 上午09时42分57秒

Jump to solution

hud_engineer

Windows 8 has a requirement of 1024 * 768 to run metro apps and Security centre 12.1 is similiar so I hear. maybe try this

12.1 has a couple of extra s vulneribility scanner for 1. I haven't 11.6 any more so cannot check it but 11.6 would be fine.

Isps are mostly still on 11.6 and other Mcafe partners they upgrade when they feel like it so are your other PCs on 12.1?

Agreed not in specs but is here

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100410

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/04/13 6:06:38 AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community