cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall

Have been correcting the buggy software distributed over the weekend.  I've gotten my two desktops running and McAfee re-installed, but when I try to reinstall McAfee on my lap top by running D:\langsel.exe I get an error message saying that file is not a valid Win32 application.  Can anybody help me with that?

4 Replies

Re: Reinstall

I probably should add that I ran the removal tool after running a conventional "remove program" in Windows

Message was edited by: octoguzzi on 8/27/12 8:49:06 PM CDT

What is the landsel file is it on a cd? Whay aren't you running the install via your account subscription?

BTW just running MVT the virtual technician would have fixed this issue as MVT has been patched to fix the issue.

Yes, the langsel.exe file runs the install program from the CD.  I never could get the CD to run on my laptop.  I reran MCPR and the error message changed to "could not find path or file.  You may not have permissions..."

I did download the program from my account and it loaded OK.  When I first tried to download, McAfee thought I was trying to add a fourth computer and kept trying to charge me to download.  Later in the evening I was able to do the download without paying for an addtional PC.

The MVT was what caused the problem to start with.

I'm good now.

When you uninstall you must run the windows removal tool then teh Mcafee MCPR removal tool. the first removes teh PC name and licence from the account so the account does not think you have another PC in use.

Not sure that was that issue but some info for another time.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community