cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetw
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Refund not received

I have not received an agreed (and showing in my account page) refund to my bank account.

After my initial struggle to get my refund request after renewal last March (40m phone call where I was repeatedly and annoyingly asked to try and change my mind) - on my account page a refund is listed on 10th April but I have not received this in my bank account.  I can see the outgoing payment on 27th March but no refund of this amount.

I only need a staff member to look into the account and check the transaction - I do not wish to have to deal with the customer phone support again please.

4 Replies
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 5

Re: Refund not received

Hi @Jetw 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

Maurice3677
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

last time i used  mcafee was in 2018 but still taking out money in 2022  keep calling and told only a manger can sort out my request as its over £700 and still waiting i am in the UK London so makes it hard i will be suing McAfee  if i don't get my money back

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Maurice3677 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly check the private message for further details.

Regards,
Venkat

Jetw
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

To share my experience trying to resolve this so far:

• I was messaged privately within a few hours after I posted this (good)
  • Was asked to give timeslots over the next 2 days that I could be called (good, convenient for me)
  • No call received during these 2 timeslots I had given (bad)
  • Waited a few days before messaging here again to say I had not been called (bad that I had to follow up)
  • Suddenly called earlier Tuesday this week while I was in the middle of work (bad)
  • Asked to be called back an hour later, agent agreed (good)
  • 1 hour later, no call received (bad)
  • Randomly later in the evening about 5 hours later, received the follow up call (at least finally get the call)
  • Explained the situation, agent understood
  • Agent asked me if I had contacted my bank - I was irritated and asked how exactly I'm supposed to ask for missing money on an unknown transaction date and unknown transaction amount due to currency exchange - evidence should first be on Mcafee that they sent from their side (bad)
  • Agent said they would get the ARN transaction reference and call me back on Friday (ok)
  • Today is Saturday - no call on Friday (bad)

What a series of hoops to jump through and inefficient process - and this is still before getting the evidence that Mcafee actually sent the refund payment.

I will provide another update later once some progress is made.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community