Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spanky76
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Re: Auto Renewal for higher price than on web

Hey All,

Just got my auto renewl e-mail and they charged me 79.00 + tax for the total protection for 3 pcs. I go on line today and see it on the website for 49.00. So I call and I explain to the guy who answers what I found and he says that is a sale price that was not available when they sent me the auto renewel notice. I explained to him it was on the website when they sent the e-mail and that I think Mcafee really sucks as they stick it to the customers who are loyal.  He says what do you want me to do?   I can't believe he asks this. I told him I wanted him to CX my subscription and he says but I can offer you the sale price. WTF is this guy for real.

I would suggest that everyone watch the price they are charged if you are on Auto Renewl as Mcafee is really looking to sitck it to you. So it looks like Norton is getting my $ going forward.

NICE GOING MCAFEE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Message was edited by: spanky76 on 3/26/10 11:30:19 AM CDT

Message was edited by: spanky76 on 3/26/10 11:30:53 AM CDT
1 Reply
urganda
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Auto Renewal for higher price than on web

I don't know if it was your message, but, after suffering an auto-renewal for my licenses 1,2 and 3 on christmas (the warning message said something like "contact with a technician if you don't want to renew"), when the auto-renewal for my licenses 4, 5 and 6 were to come in july, i received a new version of the warning message, clearly explaining what to do to avoid the auto-renewal and have a choice for buying a discounted one.

All you have to do is go to your product area and un-tick the auto-renewal box.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community