Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
torchwood
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

McAfee update 01-09-13 Why oh Why?

This was not solved!  (See previous posts)   I'm right back where it started with the Jan 9, 2013 update which changed the UI to unusable.  I had the old UI back for a few days until the Jan 16 update forced reboot brought back the horrid white space, no buttons or tiling; a few lines of text, and no way to control anything.

All solutions suggested in previous posts were absolutely no good; some worse than original problem.  I accept that this is probably a glitch in my IE 8 setup, but Chrome works fine, and just use IE for updates.  Don't have a touch screen OS, don't need or want unusable interface.  Still gnashing my teeth.  No workaround possible? No way to keep old UI? BOO!

4 Replies

Re: McAfee update 01-09-13 Why oh Why?

There isn't much point posting an unlinked new thread on something that is ongoing.   I see you've posted here:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/270981#270981

So let's go with that one.

torchwood
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Ex_Brit:

Sorry.  Reposted since original thread says ANSWERED / SOLVED.  Not so.  As I said, problem resurfaced, and nobody reads old posts to the end for contradictions to previous posted result.  But will go back

No problem.  Pity you said it was solved, prematurely of course.  I've unmarked it as solved so now it's back in circulation as an unanswered thread.  Good luck ;)

Locking this one as original thread now reactivated.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community