cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulg83
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

McAfee Security Scan Plus Automatic Pop-Up Won't Leave Me Alone!

Jump to solution

Turned on my computer today. McAfee Security Scan Plus pops up telling me my scan starts in 60 seconds. I can click Scan Now, Remind Me Later, or Don't Scan, or just let it count down. Ok, great, McAfee's doing it's job.

BUUUUUUUUUTTTTT.............

I let the scan count down,  and everything looks great, "McAfee Is Protecting Your Computer", check marks all around. I X it out.

About three seconds later McAfee Security Scan Plus pops up again with the same countdown. If I X that out, it pops up again. If i hit Don't Scan, pops up again, if I hit Remind Me Later, pops up again. If I hit Scan Now instead of waiting for the countdown to end, brings me back to the "McAfee Is Protecting Your Computer" green check marks screen. If I X that out, it starts again.

Please make it stop!

MCAFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::shaking fists at sky::

Anyone? Anyone?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaymfe
Level 12
Message 3 of 7

Re: McAfee Security Scan Plus Automatic Pop-Up Won't Leave Me Alone!

Jump to solution

McAfee Security Scan Plus is a free diagnostic tool that detects the security status of computers for Antivirus software, Firewall protection and Web security. It can co-exist with any existing security software

McAfee Security Scan Plus was likely installed during to the installation of another McAfee program or third party application such as Adobe Reader.

You may please remove it as it is not a necessary program.

To remove McAfee Security Scan Plus:
  1. Click Start, Control Panel.
  2. Click Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs, Uninstall a Program (Windows Vista or Windows 7).
  3. Locate McAfee Security Scan Plus and click Uninstall.

on 3/13/11 7:35:24 PM CDT

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Jump to solution

I am having the same exact issue which started this morning.  My Security Scan Plus is set to run every week and I always see the 'No Issues Found pop-up on Sunday morning.  I close the window and do not see any other messages until the next Sunday.  Today the Security Scan Plus pop-up just keeps appearing regardless of what action I take.

I ran the Virtual Technician and get a message saying VirusScan Enterprise 8.7.0 Latest cumulative patch or service pack is not installed. Virtual Technician session ID is 31526291.

Sorry I don't have any answers but at least you know someone else is having the same issue.

Thanks,

Joe

jaymfe
Level 12
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

McAfee Security Scan Plus is a free diagnostic tool that detects the security status of computers for Antivirus software, Firewall protection and Web security. It can co-exist with any existing security software

McAfee Security Scan Plus was likely installed during to the installation of another McAfee program or third party application such as Adobe Reader.

You may please remove it as it is not a necessary program.

To remove McAfee Security Scan Plus:
  1. Click Start, Control Panel.
  2. Click Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP) or Programs, Uninstall a Program (Windows Vista or Windows 7).
  3. Locate McAfee Security Scan Plus and click Uninstall.

on 3/13/11 7:35:24 PM CDT
paulg83
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks! This worked.

jaymfe
Level 12
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

jhav
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks that worked

Jump to solution

Mine keeps popping up and wants me to buy more antivirus software from McAfee. I deleted the security scan but it keeps popping up.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community