cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Connection with my Support Member

I was doing a remote access with a Mcaffee support member to help me fully uninstall Mcafee since I needed to test if it was a program conflicting with another. I was getting uninstall not working when I was doing it. During remote access nothing was happening, and eventually a chat had opened and I didn't see what they said, but they mentioned something about restarting my PC and they did it for me. When I got back on my PC, I  the session was closed and I was no longer connected to them. I am not sure if they needed to proceed with anything. What happened?

8 Replies
karthiks
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lost Connection with my Support Member

Armistice,

I have checked the case notes and alerted the supervisor to arrange a call back for you. You will be getting a call back from McAfee Tier 2 support, if not let me know the same

Thanks for the fast reply!!

I ended up trying to remove it fully again using MCPR and it worked this time. I am unsure if the restart helped do it, but my problem ended up being solved I guess. I was just unsure of what really happened and how it was fixed, however.

I also wasn't given the chance to thank the person for helping me either!

So yeah, my problem seems to be gone, just I am unsure of how it was fixed. Thanks!

karthiks
Level 12
Message 4 of 9

Good to know that your issue has been OK now, anyhow if you get a call from McAfee ask them to check your McAfee once again and confirm the resolution.

Also ask the technican about the cause of the problem

nehalreads
Level 10
Message 5 of 9

Hi armistice,

Have you receive any call from McAfee ?. Hope every thing is fine !

I unfortunately missed the call from McAfee, but my problem seems to be gone, so it should be fine regardless.

If the problem ends up occuring at a later date, I will contact support again, but all seems to be good so far so I have high hopes.

Thank you very much, Karthiks and Nehal.

Glad you are OK now. II've marked this case as "Assumed Answered".  If something crops up again please start a new case with Technical Support.

karthiks
Level 12
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for posting back armistice

Thanks Peter

You're welcome ;)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community