cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly getting "an unhandled win 32 exception occurred in McSvHost.exe"

There is a number in brackets, which is usually different each time. Right now it says [1740]. This message comes up randomly and stops Chrome from loading new pages. I used to restart Chrome but I've found I can usually get it running again by clearing browser data from the last hour, sometimes twice in a row, then waiting a bit. I've googled this and I see others having this problem but I don't see a definitive solution. This has been happening the last few months, at least once a day, and it doesn't happen on my Win 7 laptop.

This is why I want to stop using McAfee and I wouldn't use it if it wasn't free with my Internet.

Running Win XP, Media Center edition, SP3; the latest version of Chrome 20.0.1132.57 m; and right now nothing else is running. This seems to affect only my browser.

1 Reply
djfil
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Constantly getting "an unhandled win 32 exception occurred in McSvHost.exe"

Turn off the Net Guard feature under the Firewall Settings.  It's an issue they've been working on for a while now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community