cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems with Sysinternals Antivirus?

Help.  I am but a small-time, fairly unsophisticated, home computer use who has McAfee installed for full protection.  Last night, out of the blue, a virus warning presnts itself from Sysinternals Antivirus and tries to scare me that a Trojan horse or two is sitting in my computer.  The bottom line is it is attempting to get me to purchase their product for around $53. But I have McAffee. So when I run McAffee's full scan, all of a sudden I am not confident that my McAfee is truly running.  On one occasion McAfee tells me I am in the clear; on another occasions - I attempted to run the full scan more then once - it said I have more then one error.  Every minute of so this Sysinternals Antivirus pops up all during the scanning process; last night I spent over 2 hours constantly deleting this opoup from my task bar.  Now I am convinved my McAffee has also been compromised.  Help.  McAffee customer service can you folks help me?  I pruchased your profuct online several months ago and now when I try to access customer service I see charges for getting your help.  WHy is McAffee failing to overcome this issue when I run a full scan - or try to run a full scan?  Please help as I am about to throw my computer into the ocean and get a new one; if I do that nI will definitely not buy McAfee protection ever again.  But if it is something on my end, I can be educated.  Thanks for any help and support.  (By the way, if this antivirus is truly a legitimate product, someone needs to get on their case in how they do business.)  Thanks.  tw (in Hawaii)

1 Reply
k3tg
Level 14
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Anyone else having problems with Sysinternals Antivirus?

This link may help you with your issue

http://community.mcafee.com/message/137956#137956

Good Luck

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community