cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ineedhelpplease
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

what happened to intrusion protection?

I have windows 7 on a Dell computer and have had to reinstall from a factory image.  After updating McAfee it no longer has certain tabs avail ......for example I no longer have intrusion protection tab to checkmark to basic or advanced.  Installed is Security Center version 11.0 build 11.0.678, Firewall version 12.0 build 12.0.360

5 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: what happened to intrusion protection?

Those versions are old ones and Intrusion Protection came in, I think, with Security Center 11.6

Try updating McAfee again. If you're still stuck on the older versions you'll need one of the others to tell you how to get the latest versions.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 6

Update should work but...

You can uninstall the version you have and reinstall from your account assuming you have an account.

Uninstall via

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

and reinstall from your account

should give you 11.6 or 12.1 depending from which server you are downloading.

ineedhelpplease
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

I have tried updating but the new version does not come around .  When I click on the above link I get this response  "The document ID is not recognized by our system ".   I have also gone thru tech chat help and had a McAfee  tech rep remotely access my desktop but to no avail.  He keep thinking I had a site advisor problem not a old program problem

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

The link works for me but perhaps the "lc=1033" is getting in the way.

Clear your browser cache, browser history and cookies, and then try

(edit - my mistake. Correct document id is :

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Message was edited by: Hayton on 26/12/12 00:38:27 GMT
ineedhelpplease
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

sorry I havent responed earlier but been on vacation.  I found a McAfee tech rep that emailed me the proper procedure to uninstall my old security center and install the correct updated one.  Thanks for the input

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community