cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monraj
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

we found cookies or trackers we can't remove right now. Try removing them later.

I've been having problems with Mcafee Security Center giving me this message: "we found cookies or trackers we can't remove right now. Try removing them later."

I've ran a full scan of my system and see this message in the security report. I'm not sure how to resolve this? I know there is something on my computer because I've received a few emails with someone showing me my password for something I have and demanding me to pay in bitcoin. So i'm a bit paranoid and really want to make sure my laptop is secure. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: we found cookies or trackers we can't remove right now. Try removing them later.

I assume you have rebooted. Is McAfee updated if so scan. Also run several of these free scanner but with Malwarebytes disable the real time scanning component as it might clash with McAfee.

Antispyware tools

Good luck.

Mcafee has a free malware removal service

https://www.mcafee.com/en-us/consumer-support/policy/legal.html#vpp

monraj
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: we found cookies or trackers we can't remove right now. Try removing them later.

thank you, yes I had re-started. Will try your solutions today and report back if that doesn't help. I'm just really afraid to log into anything personal like email, facebook in case there are still tracking cookies.
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community