cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferryrtan
Former Member
Message 1 of 34

unprotected ?

Apparently all MacAfee Total Protection users have the same problem, myself included yet McAfee is not capable to resolve the issue. For the record, before MacAfee experts or anybody is going relegate me to their homepage, links, and other means to solve the problem then STOP, I know it's all well meant but I've TRIED them ALL, even uninstall/reinstall and what have you and followed ALL discussions of MacAfee communities. NOTHING helped. Anyways, the MacAfee syndrome kept me awake for many nights.

So dear MacAfee, please do something about this. Otherwise I'll have no other choice than looking out for another, better and more capable protection program.

Thank you!!!!

33 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 34

Re: unprotected ?

All McAfee users would add up to several hundred million, only a few have problems and they post here, that's normal.  I branched you out of that thread as it was almost 6 years old and a lot happens in that time.    Also I'm not sure how you expect help without resorting to "...links and other means".  

It is not normal, despite what you may think, for the software to keep saying you are unprotected, if that's what you are getting.   It can be caused by a myriad of things, incorrect system clock, no Internet connection in order to update, the use of registry cleaners which invariably delete important registry keys, especially in security software, malware can also cause it, see the last link in my signature below., clashing software, other security software.....the list goes on and on.   But I assure you, there has to be a good reason for it and it is NOT normal.

You say you already tried everything.  

Did you try running the Virtual Technician?  It can often find and fix errors although if your software comes from a 3rd party such as your ISP or PC maker it may or may not help, but is worth a try:  http://mvt.mcafee.com/

When you uninstalled/reinstalled, did you run the MCPR cleanup tool and reboot before reinstalling from the online account, NOT from any CD you may have?

Another thing that has changed since that 6-year old thread was started.  Technical Support is now available free of charge by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/03/14 9:14:28 EDT AM
ferryrtan
Former Member
Message 3 of 34

Thanks for your prompt reply, Peter,

Firstly, I already have uninstalled all protection software that possibly might conflict with your product, suchas, Malware Bytes.

Further, f.y.i. my MacAfee software was officially purchased and is not a third party version.

Yes, I did try the Virtual Technician and ran it as required in the directions. That did not work, too. It merely told me that there are problems detected but could not all be resolved by MVT.

It also says that a number of MacAfee  products must be updated. Did not work, too as this contradicts the AUTO UPDATE information from MacAfee that says UPDATES: CURRENT

Here the links to the Problem Log and Diagnostic details:

http://file:///C:/Users/Gebruiker/Desktop/MVTHealthCheck.html

http://file:///C:/Users/Gebruiker/Desktop/MVTHealthCheck_Deviation.html

Also the link from solution three; http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/oas-disabled-fix.cmd did not work.

What you say that it could be caused by a myriad of things sounds plausible to me, however, not knowing which of the many might be the culprit is frustrating so, having arrived to this point of no solutions, I am pretty much running out of hope, since I am just an average PC user with little or no technical knowledge.

Which is the reason why I have purchased a software that protects my system.

Thank you.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 34

The first two links don't work but I'm only a volunteer here so am not qualified to read thoseanyway, beyond a cursory glance and give my opinion.

That patch should only be used under supervision by a Technician.

You can call for Technical Support 24/7 in Indonesia, toll-free:  001 8038529716

Or use the Technical Support online chat button on this page in the Asia Pacific (APAC) section:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

ferryrtan
Former Member
Message 5 of 34

I will try to call Tech Support in Indonesia. Thanks for your help thusfar.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 34

OK, good luck, they should be able to help but remember if they can't at first fix whatever it is you can ask them to escalate it upwards 😉

ferryrtan
Former Member
Message 7 of 34

Excuse me, what do you mean with asking them to escalate it upwards???

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 34

All I mean is, if the first technician you speak to can't solve the problem, ask them to escalate the case to a higher level.   It isn't usually necessary but I was merely pointing out that you can do that.

ferryrtan
Former Member
Message 9 of 34

Hi,

I'm very sorry to bother you, again but the number you gave of MacAfee's Technical Support in Indonesia 001 8038529716 is exactly just that. A number.

This number cannot be called.

Ditto as for APAC section Technical Support online. Wishful thinking, too. I have the idea that Indonesia has none at all.

Those were my last resorts

This is of course beyond your control so, I'd like to thank you for all the effort trying to help.

For me, there's no other way than to uninstall the product and unsubscribe my McAfee account and find another protection sulution very fast and make a brand new start. Alas, I cannot afford spending more time on the issue.

Cheers,

Ferry R. Tan - Jakarta

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 34

Well sorry but I was only relaying what is published here:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html

Are you saying the number is incorrect?  If so I will notify McAfee staff as I am only a volunteer here.

I'm surprised the link to Technical Support didn't work for you, it works OK for me.  Perhaps it might have worked in a different browser.

if you are uninstalling then all that irrelevent I suppose.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/03/14 9:54:29 EDT AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community