Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

safe mode?

Jump to solution

HI, Does anyone know if mcafee security should work in safe mode?I have windows 7  and whenever i go into safe mode my mcafee is disabled.

I tried to get help from help center.They said everything is working fine.Could that be possible.Also when i use the recent event log to trace any of the i.p's it just keeps running never coming to a location.I am new to the communities and not the best computer whiz.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: safe mode?

Jump to solution

McAfee SecurityCenter will not display in Safe Mode but you can right-click a file, folder or drive and select "Scan" and a virus scan will take place.

Hover over the icon that appears on the taskbar to get a progress report.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

McAfee SecurityCenter will not display in Safe Mode but you can right-click a file, folder or drive and select "Scan" and a virus scan will take place.

Hover over the icon that appears on the taskbar to get a progress report.

newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

IT doesnt show up i opened it from my start menu and it says disabled.I was just wondering if that is o.k.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Yes that is normal for Safe Mode. As I said the SecurityCenter itself wont open in that mode.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you very much ex brit

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

You're welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community