Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vegas1055
Former Member
Message 111 of 153

Re: "Your Computer is Not Fully Protected" message

Peacekeeper,

I tried to sign up for the Beta, but it won't let me.

TXRoger
Former Member
Message 112 of 153

"new beta version of TP4?"  No thanks.  Fix the current problems and I will consider renewing my subscription.

TXRoger
Former Member
Message 113 of 153

I originally posted this is a similar thread.

Tony,

I see by your signature block you are a "volunteer", so I will trust you are not a corporate shill and are trying to assist the people with problems.  However, when I buy a tool I expect it to work.   A hammer should drive nails.   I am responsible to know how to swing the hammer and apply force.  I am NOT required to know the composition of the hammer head or the handle is a space age composite material.  I know the hammer works if I apply it correctly.

Software is a tool.

“Can you check if your wife's PC has …”

“The uninstall reinstall would renew your possibly corrupt mcsubdb files which can be a cause of the error.”

“Can you check if your wife's PC has the file…”

The tool does not work correctly and should be corrected.   Requiring the user to examine the tools construction is NOT, repeat, NOT why I paid McAfee.

Fix the tool and consumers will gladly pay.  And, never once ask “Is this hammer head made of 100% space age alloy”.  They will tell their friends: “This hammer works well.”

Roger

Dalan
Former Member
Message 114 of 153

TXRoger said:

================================

Tony,

I see by your signature block you are a "volunteer", so I will trust you are not a corporate shill and are trying to assist the people with problems.  However, when I buy a tool I expect it to work.   A hammer should drive nails.   I am responsible to know how to swing the hammer and apply force.  I am NOT required to know the composition of the hammer head or the handle is a space age composite material.  I know the hammer works if I apply it correctly........

================================

Now that's funny!  icon_smile_tongue.gif

on 11/20/09 12:49 PM
Peacekeeper
Message 115 of 153

vegas1055 how far did u get through the registration?

vegas1055
Former Member
Message 116 of 153

Tried creating a login name and password and it kept kicking me out.

vegas1055
Former Member
Message 117 of 153

Just an FYI, I started another thread before starting a reply in this one:

"Hello,

I am having some issues with total protection 2010.  I recently upgraded my subscrition to my 2009 mcafee, as it ran out.  Once I updated via the web, I could not get updates automatically or manually.  I contact tech support via the chat, and they sent me to a T2 tech.  He worked on my comp. for 2 hours with no resolution and told me it is my internet connection.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program 5 times, using add/remove and the Mcafee removal tool.  I did the clock check and reset IE in tools.  I received a refund from my web purchase on Saturday, after the T2 tech could not rectify the problem.

I purchased a hard copy of the 2010 Total protection 3 user on Sunday and installed it.  Same issues.  Cannot update.  The system tray "arrow" just keeps turning and says "checking security center for updates".  Nothing happens.

I have scanned manually and all it good.  I have my scheduled scan to go every day and it ran once.  Today, I checked in the morning and had the "On demand error and cannot go further".  When it tries to check for an update, I get this error.  If it just scans, it runs fine.

I am clueless at this point.  All other software is updating and running fine.

MVT says my DAT is out of date and Security center needs to update, but it doesn't work.

Running XP home, SP3.  IE8, but use firefox mostly."

Peacekeeper
Message 118 of 153

Re the registration I just did it on another email account and it worked fine. Please retry it if u wish.

Re that error did it say on demand server ? What was the exact message?

vegas1055
Former Member
Message 119 of 153

Downloaded and installed the beta and guess what.....................Cannot update!

I had no problem with AVG, updated fine, ran scheduled scans and it auto updated.

I have had Mcafee for years with no problems, until now.

Here is a beta and it doesn't work either.

When I try to update, it just sits on the "checking for updates".

Message was edited by: vegas1055 on 11/22/09 6:48 PM
vegas1055
Former Member
Message 120 of 153

I ran the MVT and found 2 registry issues, but they wer autofixes.

It has been 20 minutes now and it is still checking for updates.

Not right.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community