cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rogerfromco
Contributor
Message 101 of 153

Re: "Your Computer is Not Fully Protected" message

Ran both scanners today and they did find some issues, but came home to find McAfee completely disabled this time.  MVT Session ID 21958094.  MVT fixed 2 out of the 3 issues found and I had to open up the Services and Start McAfee Real Time Scanner & set it to Auto start and also set McAfee System Guards to Auto start.  Any other ideas?

Peacekeeper
Message 102 of 153

No ensure you haven't any other scanners enabled such as adware + or old versions previously installed that were not fully removed.

Will pass on the session id

BloodRayne
Former Member
Message 103 of 153

Just a headsup as I'm still having these issues.  A clean install did not help, I did/do not have time to shoot through hoops though and try this & that as I am very, very, busy and I can't affort to put my small amount of freetime into such issues. I am thoroughly hoping for a normal 'fix' from McAfee for this, as my renewal period is coming up. If it is not fixed by that time via a simple update (the way it should be considering what we're paying) then I'll be forced to use another brand of anti-virus software.

Until that time I'll keep watching this thread for a fix.

Specs: Acer M7720, Intel Core i7 920 processor. 6Gb RAM, vista home premium 64 bit.

McAfee has been isntalled since day 1, it came with the package. All I did was renew the subscription. Been having this issue since a couple of weeks now, it just turns off the items previously mentioned (IM etc.). I have to press 'fix' to get it back online. It's starting to annoy how long this issue remains unresolved.

TXRoger
Former Member
Message 104 of 153

McAfee's reponse to this issue is appaling.   The thread started on April 13th and the problem STILL EXISTS.   The message ALWAYS occurs AFTER an auto update.   When are you going to fix the problem?

mcphert1
Former Member
Message 105 of 153

I submitted my first post on 12 November advising I had this problem and had been hoping that it would be fixed or that someone could reassure me that despite the messages, my computer was actually protected.  I also said that after renewing recently, I was hoping that would fix it, but that it hadn't and that I had 30 days before I could cancel and obtain a refund.

Well that time is approaching, and it is with great disappointment that I have seen nothing here on the Board to convince me that McAfee is addressing this problem effectively.  I have worked in consumer protection for 20 years, and it is frustrating to see something like this.  Surely McAfee has the staff with the skills to sort this problem out?  If they are close to fixing it, they should be communicating it to consumers.  For a company selling computer protection, it is not good enough for their consumers who have paid for that protection to be getting a message that their computers are not protected.  And for that problem to have been in existence for over a year, with very little reassurance that it is not dangeruous to their computers and/or providing details of how and when it wil be fixed. 

While I am hopeful  that despite these messages that my computer is in fact being protected, I am uneasy about relying on protection from a company that does not appear to have seriously addressed this problem, and that has not reassured its customers by effectively communicating with them, even on message boards such as this.  Unless McAfee can convince me otherwise, I feel I have to cancel and get some other product (but I don't really want to).

Thanks for reading this. 

vegas1055
Former Member
Message 106 of 153

I am in the same boat.  I posted something very similar a few days ago and nothing.  I have been on the online chat and went to the tier 2 support, and he went thru my computer and after 2 hours, still no fix.  I have since received a refund for my online subscription renewal.  I uninstalled everything, and cleaned it with the Mcafee cleaner tool.  I then went out and purchased a hard copy of 2010 total protection and guess what...... Same thing is happening.  Cannot update, says my Security center is out of date.  Hit update, nothing happens.

I put AVG on last night to see if I had a virus.  It ran it, updated it, no problems and it came back clean.

I have been a Mcafee customer for 7 years now and this is ridiculous.  The support this is being offered is just not to par.  I am tempted to just eat the $80 and go with the free program that is working.

Very frustrated,

Marc

Peacekeeper
Message 107 of 153

Try the MCPR tool again and reinstall maybe the initial 1 missed something. Ok remove AVG first.

A question do you have the program adware installed ?  If you still have the same problem I will point someone higher up the tree to you. The update inability is a worry. I assume also your PC time is correct

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 11/19/09 3:49 PM
rogerfromco
Contributor
Message 108 of 153

Last night I gave it my best try one last time.  I did the following:

Removed CCleaner

Removed McAfee - rebooted

Ran MVT

Deleted the McAfee folder in Program Files folder

Installed Malwarebytes - zero issues found

Installed Super Antispyware - 0 memory issues, 0 registry issues, 19 tracking cookies

Ran MCPR.exe

Removed Malwarebytes and Super Antispyware

Rebooted

Reinstalled McAfee Security Center & updated

Ran full scan overnight - no issues found, but woke up to find that I had the "Your Computer is Not Fully Protected" message

I finally threw in the towel, uninstalled McAfee and loaded AVG Antivirus, ran a full scan again - nothing found and all is working fine.  I'm done with McAfee.

Peacekeeper
Message 109 of 153

Roger or someone who is having this issue and NOT getting a solution no matter what you try would you be interested in joining up and installing the new beta version of TP4?

I have it and it is stable unless you have vista 64. The M icon vanishes on me but mcafee still works so any1 interested?

Joining and download at www.beta.mcafee.com

This my suggestion not Mcafee's I just wondering if the new version has your issue. Of course you will need to fully uninstall the current 1.

vegas1055
Former Member
Message 110 of 153

I have uninstalled and ran the MCPR tool everytime.  No, I do not have any other spyware or adware removal program installed.  The Tier 2 tech even removed all old remninents and folders of any such programs.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community