cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chitwood
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

"Subscription must be verified" over and over

Daily I get a "Your PC is not protected" error that leads me to a message that "my subscription must be verified". All fine and dandy, I verify the subscription and then it's fine - until the next day. Incredibly annoying and cause to remove the product if it continues.

Uninstalled/reinstalled - no fix
(all previous versions removed at initial install)

XP Pro
McAfee 9.3
9 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

RE: "Subscription must be verified" over and over

Hi,
Please verify and perform the following steps,
Check the Date and time including Time zone is correct in the system.
Did you made any recent change to computer in the recent past like system restore or installation of any application/software?
Perform the McAfee Virtual Technician in both computer and post the session ID http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
DerekV
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

RE: "Subscription must be verified" over and over

I have verified the time and date/ no other changes to my system. Here is my session ID
Session ID: 18335903

Thanks for any help.
jimbobmij
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Same Problem

I am having the same problem.
Also ran Virtual Technician, Session ID: 18350806, which found no problems.

I will say that I recently had to uninstall mcafee security center using MCPR, and reinstalled it. (This was due to infection with a Trojan). Since reinstalling mcafee no problems with infections, but now getting this daily "verify subscription" message.

thanks.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

RE: Same Problem

Hi,

How you got the McAfee product? Whether through the internet service provider or you purchased the subscription through the McAfee site?
Did you have any other email registered with McAfee?
Do you have any other security program in the system? If yes, then remove
twhlgeezer
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

RE: Same Problem

Similar problem here. Came installed on an Acer Aspire One. Got frustrated and tried to remove the whole thing. Big mistake. Would not let me uninstall via add/remove. Left unremoveable segments. WOuldn't go away. Then kept getting popup warnings that wont stop. I am really really frustrated. I mean frustrated. I just want this thing to go away. I may have to wipe the hard drive if necessary. I will never ever ever allow anyone at my office to ever, ever install McAffe products on our computers.
eleroy44
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Me too: Verify subscription

I'm having the identical problem that seems to have begun when I uninstalled my college's e-mail software, Novell GroupWise. Since GroupWise is incompatible with Microsoft Outlook, we were told not to use Outlook. After some years, I have now uninstalled GroupWise and elected Microsoft Outlook as the primary e-mail. Shortly after, the "verify subscription" warning began. I can't say whether any of this is related or coincidental. Virtual Technician (Session ID: 18377197) said it could find no products to scan, although clearly Internet Security is installed.
Dewy49r
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

lost subscription info

Every time i restart my computer either because of a software update, ms win update, IE hanging or a power failure, after i restart my system the security center pops up with a warning that my system is not protected. I look and lo and behold theres no subscription information!!!! Everything else is fine ie dat file etc. This has happened numerous times and the only remedy is to uninstall all mcafee products and reinstall. This fixes the problem until next time i have to restart my system. This sucks!!!
One shouldn't have to go thru this everytime one restarts their system. On line technical help ie "live chat" dosen't have a clue. These idiots can barely understand you question!! They send you an email to fix the prob and it has nothing to do with the problem go figure.
And yes the system clock is correct as well as time zone and date. And another thing uninstalling is not clean, theres still loads of entries left in the registry. Theres so many hooks in everything. There needs to be a good uninstall program that gives you a clean uninstall are you mcafee programers listening!!!!

I am considering not renewing my subscription come time to do so. I am fed up with buggy software!!!! This is a shame because I had used virus scan since the old bulliten board days and Ms DOS 4.:eek: A very disgruntled user.
Gireesh
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Verify Subscription.

Hi,
First you have to check the system date and time. Then try to uninstall and re-install McAfee. If the issue still persists, contact McAfee Customer Service and remove the old McAfee products from your account.
That means, remove the old McAfee expired products.

This will resolve the issue.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

RE: Verify Subscription.

Customer Service can't help with removal. Technical Support can, if necessary.

Check your PC clock both for time and timezone accuracy.

Follow this procedure:

1. Uninstall all McAfee programs through "Add or Remove Programs" in Windows "Control Panel".

2. Use the MCPR tool, see this article: How to remove supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MC... This will remove all McAfee remnants from your computer. (you must have Windows Vista, XP or 2000 SP4 to use this tool)

3. Launch Windows Explorer and delete all McAfee files in "Program Files" but especially in "C:\Document and Settings\<user>\Application Data" and "C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data". You have to set Windows Explorer to show all hidden files and folders (Tools > Folder Options > View tab). Just delete the McAfee folders even if they are empty in all the "Application Data" folders. Can be more than one!
In Vista: C:\Program Files, C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming
If you can't find these files don't worry. It just means that MCPR has done its job.

4. Reboot and redownload/reinstall your McAfee products directly from your account at the McAfee web site.

If, for any reason MCPR fails or throws up errors, run it again.

If you had McAfee products other than the home versions, or home versions older than 2005 this tool will fail anyway and other methods would have to be used.

Ask for guidance in that case.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community