cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve_can
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

problem using Windows 10 and Excel (2013) after re-installing LiveSafe my Excel files will not load

I have a problem using Windows 10 and Excel (2013) after re-installing LiveSafe my Excel files will not load. I installed and uninstalled LiveSafe and LiveSafe is definitely the problem. I was udating my subscription so I had LiveSafe before the re-installation with no problems with that previous install. My version of LiveSafe before the Monday update also ran fine alongside my Malwarebytes software. Not getting any response from McAfee Support since Monday when I flagged this problem.   Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Support.  We have recently opened a Service Request for support based on the information you provided us at our support website. Below you will find the details of this request for your reference. -       Service Request #: 2492615911 -       Created Date: 08/13/2018 08:15:09 -       Description: Renewed my LiveSafe subscription, downloaded latest version and straight afterwards I cannot open Excel files that I was working on just before update. Excel message is below.

3 Replies
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: problem using Windows 10 and Excel (2013) after re-installing LiveSafe my Excel files will not l

Hi @steve_can

Please specify whether you receive an error message while opening Excel 2013. This will help us identify what exactly is causing this.

steve_can
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: problem using Windows 10 and Excel (2013) after re-installing LiveSafe my Excel files will not l

Hi Selvan

Yes with LiveSafe installed Excel (2013) gives an error message when loading files that are known to be virus-free with a message that the virus-detecting software is incompatible with Excel (or that the file is infected). I went through a live session with McAfee technical support that reproduced the problem. He asked a supervisor who told him it was a known problem and software engineers are working on it. I am waiting on an email to let me know when the problem is fixed since its a waste of time going through the installation/uninstallation process again and again while the problem has not been fixed. I am a longterm user of McAfee but if this problem cannot be rectified soon and I get a better response from McAfee I will have to give up on LiveSafe and get a refund.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi @steve_can

I learnt that you are working with @sanjay privately to have this addressed. Please let me know if you require further assistance.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community