cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grant1234
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

mcafee pop up adds (not browser malware)

recently i started getting white popup windows on the bottom right corner of EVERY pc i have mcafee installed on. on windows 10, i can see that they are mcafee program adds giving me the option to click their link or click x to close the box. on win8 i cannot even interact with the white box.

they appear similar to other mcafee program messages (ex: a scan is complete), except for that they are an advertisement.

really need some help disabling these from appearing, as mcafee IS the malware on my win 8 machine- it creates an un-interractable object on my screen which can only be cleared by rebooting.

its also annoying in win 10.. you know, because im paying money for this?

again to be clear this is NOT about malware i unintentionally installed, this is happening on multiple computers, 2/3 of which havent had ANYTHING installed on them recently. this is about the mcafee program pop up adds: need to know how to disable them.

3 Replies
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: mcafee pop up adds (not browser malware)

Hi @Grant1234 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please share some screenshots to look in to this further. 

Thanks,

Grant1234
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

two different examples for you, from the bottom right corner of my screen.

had to wait a while for them to show up. sometimes you can see the text/images, often times its just a white box that can only be cleared by restarting. after some more observation, the completely white box does not seem to be limited to win 8 as i previously stated- had it happen in win 10 as well now.

one of them is literally a spam popup add advertising to help me get rid of spam if i click the link that goes to your site.

need to be able to turn all these messages off.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

I feel there is no way this is controlled by marketing. Are you near renewal time I wonder

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community