cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave5416
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

major connection issues with Mcafee Internet sec 2009

I have been recommending and installing Mcafee internet security for a number of years on some of my clients PC's in Small business. In December 2008 one of my clients upgraded to Internet security 2009 on a 4 PC network. Since installing this product my clients has difficulty contacting some secure sites they have access to for order planning. I have problems connecting via a remote application called Logmein (similar to go to my PC). What is happening is I can connect for around 20 seconds before the connection fails and disconnects me. Futher the Dlink router also keeps disconnecting. The firewall on the Dlink has been turned off so that cant be the issue. Also IE7 has had the recent critical updates applied. can I get any sense out of Mcafee tech support? NO! all they say is uninstall and then reinstall which does not resolve the problem. Can any one help?
Labels (2)
3 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: major connection issues with Mcafee Internet sec 2009

Hi,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience but are you still facing the same issue, if so please let us know.
dave5416
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

sorted

Very frustrating this IT thing. All the suppliers of the services and applications blame each other. Ie Logme in blame Mcafee, BT blame everyone except themselves, Mcafee say re install the application if that doesn't fix the issue the fault is with logme in. In the end we resolved by simply moving ISP to "Thus" from cable and Wireless. Eveything then worked perfectly.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

RE: sorted

Great 🙂

Glad to know that you issue got resolved
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community