cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitchell1990
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

livesafe can't scan,

so i have mcafee livesafe and have had for years and never had an issue til now. it would say "Can't Scan Device. We're having trouble scanning right now. Please wait a few moments and try again". i contacted mcafee and they had someone remote in and they tried to fix it, uninstall and reinstall it, had me update to latest windows update, etc. but it didn't fix it. then since i have everything backup ed to an portable hard hard drive i just wiped everything and started computer from image and that seemed to fix it since when i reinstalled mcafee it did scan but then later the problem came back and also now when i ran mvt it said there was missing files and a corrupt com

2 Replies
ispettoremax
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: livesafe can't scan,

McAfee LiveSafe replies that real-time scanning is not active. I activate it and then try to complete the scan but it doesn't start. I tried mcafee triage and answered "mixed mode system". I reinstalled the program but it does not work. Solution? I have not found answers

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 3

Re: livesafe can't scan,

@ispettoremax 

@mitchell1990 

If uninstalling failed best recall them and ask for an escalation to a higher level support tech. They might be able to sort it out. Only time I think I heard of this is when one has old AV scanners not uninstalled and then usually Mcafee does not install. best ask to a higher power

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community