cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryukin
Former Member
Message 1 of 11

it says a program is

a trojan when i know for a fact that it is not? is there anyway to bypass mcafee in this?
10 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 11

RE: it says a program is

First disable VirusScan:

To temporarily turn off VirusScan do the following:

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
Click Configure (left)
Click Computer & Files (top left)
You can disable VirusScan in the right-hand module and tell it for how long.

Then click the Restore button (left & assuming it was quarantined) & restore the item.

Send the file to Avert for analysis:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx
or
https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp
or
Email file to: [EMAIL="virus_research@avertlabs.com"]virus_research@avertlabs.com
When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file. When creating this .ZIP file, it is important to understand that the .ZIP can be no more than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files. Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the ""). Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If they reply without a fix, reply, keeping the header intact asking for an extra.dat.
ryukin
Former Member
Message 3 of 11

i need to know how make it so i can download a program without mcafee deleting part of it
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 11

Do as I told you...McAfee will not stop detecting something unless you submit the sample and have them cover it by an update.
ryukin
Former Member
Message 5 of 11

i cannot do what you have told me because there is nothing in quarantine
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 11

Then it must have been cleaned. Those instructions would apply only if something is identified wrongly as a trojan and has been quarantined.

Is there still a problem?
Grif
Former Member
Message 7 of 11

So...did you also try temporarily disabling McAfee using the instructions given in that first post? Once McAfee is disabled, download the file from wherever you found it previously.. It should safely download to your computer.. You can then send it Avert from your desktop, or any other location where you've placed it..

Hope this helps.

Grif
ryukin
Former Member
Message 8 of 11

i have tried before but i will try again just in case
ryukin
Former Member
Message 9 of 11

well it was quarantined after i downloaded it so how can i get it to where mcafee not to keep deleting it?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 11

I already explained how to do that. You will have to temporarily disable VirusScan, report it and if they don't give you a good answer, reply to their email immediately disputing it.

To temporarily turn off VirusScan do the following:

Double-click the taskbar icon to open Security Center
Click Advanced Menu (bottom left)
Click Configure (left)
Click Computer & Files (top left)
You can disable VirusScan in the right-hand module and tell it for how long.

Then click the Restore button (left & assuming it was quarantined) & restore the item.

Send the file to Avert for analysis:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/submit-sample.aspx
or
https://www.webimmune.net/default.asp
or
Email file to: [EMAIL="virus_research@avertlabs.com"]virus_research@avertlabs.com
When submitting samples via E-mail all samples must be packaged in a .ZIP file. When creating this .ZIP file, it is important to understand that the .ZIP can be no more than 3 megabytes in size and can contain no more than 30 files. Additionally, any .ZIP file created must be password-protected using the password "infected" (minus the ""). Failure to follow these guidelines will cause your submission to be rejected.

If they reply without a fix, reply, keeping the header intact asking for an extra.dat.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community