cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

how to schedule a virus scan?

I just bought a Dell laptop, running windows 10.    I removed the included Livesafe, since I do not need the cloud support.  Installed McAfee Internet security since I already had a spare license for it.   Security center is 15.1.156.  I am unable to find out how to set a schedule virus scan?

On windows 7 version,  it is an item in the Navigation screen.

Did the scheduled feature go away?  Or is not offered on laptops?

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: how to schedule a virus scan?

​,

Unfortunately due to the (New) Scanning Engine in the Version\Build 15.1.156. There is no longer a 'Scheduled Scan'. You of course can always 'Right Click' your McAfee Icon in the lower Tray, and select 'Full Scan\Quick Scan'.

We Mods have been proactively been asking that the 'Scheduled Scan\Custom Scan' feature be reintroduced, However that is left up to the 'Powers to be'. I might add that when your Windows 7 updates to the Latest\Current version, it as well will not include a 'Scheduled Scan' either.

Hope this helps...

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

That is too bad.   One of my windows 7 desktops is at 15.0.185, last updated 11/7/16, so I assumed it was recent.  It still has the schedule scan option.

I guess it will be manual full scan only for me from now on.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

It looks that way, unless they decide to reintroduce it? I loved that Version\Build you are currently on. In my opinion it functioned 'Flawlessly'! Oh well, we have to adapt to change in Technology.

Can we consider this thread as 'Answered'?

All the Best

Thank you,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 5 of 6

yes, I guess so

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Thank you

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community