cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yorkshirelass
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

how do I disable McAfee

When installing a new programme I have been asked to temporally disable McAfee and then re-enable after installation. How do I do this please?
3 Replies
Riddlez
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: how do I disable McAfee

I don't know the specifics of your situation, but:

Doubleclick on the SecurityCenter, advanced menu, configure in left pane, computers and files, disable (anti)virus protection. Possibly you need to disable the other things in this menu, like the systemguards, or maybe that's done automatically when you disable antivirus. Afterwards, turn these things on again. (I suggest you write down what you change).
yorkshirelass
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

RE: how do I disable McAfee

Many thanks for your help. It's easy when you know how ! Thanks again.
desertlover
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Re: RE: how do I disable McAfee

Thanks for your response.  It seems so easy when you know how.  I'm going to install Windows7 and am trying to prevent as many problems as possible,

I appreciate this site andd all the wondersul volunteers.  Thank you so much!!!!!!!   

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community