dan312791
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

host of errors

knew better than top use this stupid forum but went ahead and did it anyways

got an error when updating and followed instructions noted here

http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=229135

now there are more issues and it's asking for a reinstall

got the error when trying to fix my error and says can't be fixed due to an error

virtual technician log
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service 1 service(s) incorrect
Expected Service State Incorrect
Expected : running
Existing : paused
Service: McShield C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
COM OK
DAT and Engine 1 DAT / Engine update
DAT not Up-to-date
DAT: Expected : 5777
Existing : 5776
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK
13 Replies
dan312791
Former Member
Message 2 of 14

RE: host of errors

virtual technician don't work no more either

"unable to get product data from the server, try again"
sanitystream
Former Member
Message 3 of 14

I'm having all sorts of problems too, starting today.

Woke up, turned on my PC, and it says McAfee can't install the latest update, please reinstall VirusScan.

I get on the live-chat with McAfee support, he does some stuff, still no help, tells me to restart my computer.

Now I just tried reinstalling all of McAfee and it STILL won't work. It keeps saying I have to reinstall VirusScan, meanwhile I have no Virus protection.

The Virtual Technician stopped working and now when I go the the McAfee support page for live chat, it doesn't even load. The page says "Connection Was Reset". Maybe a whole bunch of people are having the same problem?
papilot312
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Yes, seems to be an issue with the latest DAT (5777). Going into safe mode and so on didn't help, so I guess it's up to McAfee to get it fixed ASAP.

Tim
sanitystream
Former Member
Message 5 of 14

yeah I just got off the line w/ a support tech (chat) and he says they're having problems on their server side. Should be fixed in 3-4 hours.

Wish I knew that before I tried reinstalling the whole damned program :mad:
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 6 of 14

please re-install

Yes, seems to be an issue with the latest DAT (5777). Going into safe mode and so on didn't help, so I guess it's up to McAfee to get it fixed ASAP.

====

Hi - count me in as a someone having the same problem - I was about to throw in the towel, but remembered this happened to me awhile back with a DAT, and I waited it out then without doing anything.

It was McAfee's error, not my program.

Got the "please re-install" message when I tried to manually download DAT 5777 this afternoon.

Hope it gets fixed soon.
Hairfish
Former Member
Message 7 of 14

Amen.
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 8 of 14

===================

McAfee just restarted my computer... the build number on Security Center and Virus Scan has been updated. The dat version is still at 5776 same as yesterday.
papilot312
Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Same here as of this morning. At least it's not giving errors like yesterday.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 14

An issue was reported on the last update and it was throwing up an error message stating that users were not protected. this issue was later confirmed as resolved .

If you suspect that your machine still has the issue please try to restart the computer and then right click on McAfee icon and select Update.

Allow the update to run on the machine and once its done and states that the machine is protected reboot the computer.

If in case this fails please run the McAfee Virtual technician and contact Technical support with the Virtual technician session id for the technician to diagnose the issue.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/default.html?en-us
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community