Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

dos Commands

Jump to solution

My daughter's laptop is a Dell Laptop and has not deleted the Quarntined and Trusted items folder for over a year and it was sujested that I try the following path

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine\  however my daughter's system is Winddows 7. The path quoted is for Windows Vista HomePrimium. Can someone help with the proper path so I can delete them quickly. I usually try this the regular way by opening McAfee Securitie Center and follow the navigation prompts. So far when I tried it I had it going for two hours and it still was running.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
halton
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

Re: dos Commands

Jump to solution

It sounds as if you are a little angry with me and for that I apologize. If I try and clear from inside the the Security Center  once start the process and the computer goes to sleep will this keep running eventhough the computer is sleeping or do I have to baby sit it and keep it from not sleeping?

Once again thank you for your patience.

Jerry

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

dos Commands

Jump to solution

Microsoft moved the "Application Data" to C:\ProgramData\, so the folder you're looking for is C:\ProgramData\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine.

Having said that, you should clear the quarantine from inside the SecurityCenter rather than deleting the .bup files from that folder. 

halton
Contributor III
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick response and the patience.

halton
Contributor III
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

The correct syntax should be  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Program Data\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine. When I go to the Command Prompt the directory I get is C:/Users/Laura. My daughter's name is Laura and the operating system is Windows 7 HomePremium. It is a Dell Laptop.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Do you have a C:\Documents and Settings fodler on your Windows 7 computer???  If you do, then it's probably a Windows XP that was upgraded to Vista that was then upgraded to Windows 7.

If not, then the reason you don't see the folder I mentioned is probably because of your folder settings to hide system files and folders.  Paste the string I gave you into either a Run, command prompt or Windows Explorer window - it should come up and display the folders.

halton
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

It sounds as if you are a little angry with me and for that I apologize. If I try and clear from inside the the Security Center  once start the process and the computer goes to sleep will this keep running eventhough the computer is sleeping or do I have to baby sit it and keep it from not sleeping?

Once again thank you for your patience.

Jerry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community