Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
F7502
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

can't install...

Hi!

i had McAfee Internet Security installed for long time. I had some problems, so i uninstalled it, including running mcpreinstall.exe (Logfile attached to this post).

After restarting my PC i wanted to reinstall. I logged in to my account on mcafee.com, downloaded DMSetup.exe and started it. It says something like "Gathering Information" for a few seconds, then nothing more...

My system is a Dell Notebook with Vista Home Premium, including IE8.

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MCLOGS\MasterInstaller\Install\Install000.log says:

11/20/2009 11:17:48 PM$ -- (Information)$ [    Install.exe]$ Javascript seems functional...

C:\ProgramData\McAfee\MCLOGS\Common\Install\Install000.log says:

11/20/2009 10:58:30 PM$ -- (Error)$ [   McBrwsr2.dll]$ The parameter name wasn't found!
11/20/2009 10:58:30 PM$ -- (Error)$ [   McBrwsr2.dll]$ Exiting - FAILED
11/20/2009 10:58:31 PM$ -- (Error)$ [   McBrwsr2.dll]$ The parameter name wasn't found!
11/20/2009 10:58:31 PM$ -- (Error)$ [   McBrwsr2.dll]$ Exiting - FAILED
11/20/2009 10:58:31 PM$ -- (Error)$ [   McBrwsr2.dll]$ The parameter name wasn't found!
11/20/2009 10:58:31 PM$ -- (Error)$ [   McBrwsr2.dll]$ Exiting - FAILED

Any Idea?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: can't install...

Hi,

DMSetup.exe does not run because the Windows crypto .dlls may be corrupt.

Download and run the batch file below to re-register the .dlls: Dll re-register batch file

And start installing from the website.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community